Friday, April 23, 2010

A Day To Myself

Tomorrow is the first day we start to prep our models. My entire day tomorrow will be dedicated to hair. First Danielle, then Brandi, and then when I get home I promised my roommate I would cut his hair for him. Then Sunday will be my last Sunday spent in school!

Things are a bit stressful for me right now but I've been enjoying my time off. I've barely been at home all week. It's funny how after 6 months of go-go-go you can't seem to "rest" on your days off anymore. I'm so used to being busy now that I can't stand to sit around the house for more than a few hours if I'm not being proactive in that time. Not to mention I feel like there's always something I could be/should be doing, IE: laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. Just the ordinary every-day activities that I've barely been doing for the last 6 months.

Today I decided it would be a good "me" day so I went out to East Van for a photowalk, then headed over to Trout Lake to enviously watch other people play with their adorable dogs. It always makes me smile to see happy animals playing.

I ended my afternoon by picking up a few groceries, a bottle of wine, and then headed home to start on a pasta sauce.

Polka-Dotted House.





Tulips are my favourite.



I see this house almost every weekend when I pick up a friend. I have completely fallen in love with it so I finally took a picture of it today. It's the cutest house I've ever seen! I could totally live in East Van. It's the most adorable area.





I was obsessed with this dog - a Rhodesian Ridgeback. They're just so pretty. I'm mostly just a big fan of "weird/unique/different" things, so I just love that the hair on these dogs spines grows in the opposite direction as the rest of their fur.



After dinner was all said and done I basically just sat around and played guitar for a solid hour or two. I even sat there and drew for a bit while listening to/partially watching Old School. I even painted my nails, filled out my limited entry hunts, and went and got an icecream.

It was just one of those days where everything I did made me so relaxed and happy. Definitely something I needed. I still have to blog about Florence And The Machine and about the hair show I was in last night buuuuuut not today.

I think today was the first day since October where I didn't have some sort of agenda. I can't even explain how awesome that was. Now if only I wasn't still trying to fight off this cold.

4 comments:

Krista said...

The picture of the little girl running with the dog is the cutest thing I've seen.

Anonymous said...

You were filling out Leh's? What do you hunt for? Thats pretty cool that you go hunting.

Marlee said...

I agree Tania! haha

That little girl was the cutest!

Hi Anonymous - I put in for cow moose and elk this year

Shaz said...

A polka dot house!? I love it, I want it, I must have it.

NOW.

0_0