Monday, April 19, 2010

It's All Coming To An End

Today was our final exam. That's it, the exams are over. No more tests, no more grading our work. It's done aside from our final presentation.

I can't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now. I'm a weird bundle of emotions at this point. This has been the most insane 6 months of my life.

Some of the girls went out to have a few beers to celebrate, and I honestly just wanted to go home. Not only is my throat sore but I'm just exhausted. When I finished everything and I was graded it was like everything that has consumed my life for the last 6 months was completely released. I actually almost cried I was so relieved. 6 months of stress, gone.

I got 91% on my final exam (combined mark for both the written and practical.) It's a great mark and I'm very proud of myself, although there were a few points docked for things that make me a little angry. Ie: a frizzier blow dry on a Judy that's been my chemical doll for the last 3 months. Needless to say adding yet another perm to her and more highlights is cause for serious damage and I was docked 3 marks out of 30 for that. It's really not much, but I'm a prissy bitch what can I say? hah. I was also docked another mark on my skip waves since unfortunately my Judy did not have long enough hair to do pin curls with on my second skip wave. But I'm happy knowing that the 4 marks docked were things that were out of my control, but still a little frustrated knowing I could have done better.

This is pretty much it though. This is where I start taking this incredibly new path in my life which is bizarre to think about. Something I've wanted for years and it's finally becoming a reality. It's all a little hard to believe I suppose.

Mostly I'm sad that I won't get to see my favourite girls every weekend. They've all become a huge part of my life. There's a few in particular that have become really amazing friends so that's been really cool.

All in all, I'd say it was all worth it. It's been a lot of fun and a lot of stress. A lot of sleepless nights and a lot of endless weeks on end before getting a day off. There's been a lot of ups, a few downs, a few days where I wanted to scream and cry out of frustration, and a few days where I did scream and cry out of frustration. There's been days where drop-kicking Judy was all I wanted to do, and days where I would talk ever-so-sweetly to my little creepy doll.

And tonight when I got home and sat down to start writing this, I did start to cry a little bit. I guess it's comparable to a time when you're constantly on edge while you anxiously wait to hear possibly good or possibly bad news... and then you get the news you're waiting for and it's good news and your little heart settles right back into place and that heaviness is lifted... it's like that. It's just a huge, huge relief.

I think I'm going to have something to eat and then go to bed. No work for me tomorrow, possibly not for a few more days. The shop is dead again for a bit so it gives me some time to just relax and get my grad show ready, and take a huge breath and enjoy a couple of nice days off. Maybe I'll go for a walk around the seawall or something. There's a few pictures I've wanted to take in the last while so maybe I'll go do that. I've also got a few resumes I was going to put in somewhere so here goes nothing!

5 comments:

leasha said...

Congratulations!!!
I knew you had nothing to worry about.... everybody has that one thing that they just have the knack for, and hair is yours!

aliciafashionista said...

Congrats Marlee, you are amazing at what you do :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again, Dahling! I knew you could do it :)

Mike said...

Congrats and "It's really not much, but I'm a prissy bitch what can I say?" haaaaaaa!!

Marlee said...

Thanks so much girls and guy! :)