Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What A Ratard.

Oh my god I've hit the stress wall.

I still don't have a roommate. I am so pissed off with my current roommate that is moving out it's not even funny. I had someone come to look at the place the other night and she happened to come home at the same time. That's not a big deal at all except she took it upon herself to join in the conversation by saying things like:

"Yeah it's a really great area." (Not so bad, but still, none of your business so just leave the conversation please.)

Then she decided it was necessary to say right in front of this person, "oh my god the kid upstairs woke me up at 4 o clock this morning and kept me awake for 45 minutes!!! This has been going on way too long now!"

Are you fucking kidding me? First off, you stay here maybe one or two nights a week. Second off, the kid is 3 years old. If the kid was in fact up at 4am (I've NEVER been woken up by ANYONE upstairs ever in the 2 and a half years I've lived here for) then she was likely sick because that's what happens to children when they're sick, either that or the kid had a nightmare and is terrified. 3 year olds don't just wake up at 4am without reason typically. Not to mention she never said a word about it to me so if it was going on for more than one night then I sure as fuck didn't know anything about it because I would have mentioned it to the landlord.

I wanted to lose it. Does she not think before she speaks? No I'm not going to sit here and lie to someone and be like "ohh yeah it's super quiet here" if it wasn't. But the fact of the matter is that for the most part I don't hear too much noise coming from upstairs. At night time it's always quiet and during the day who gives a shit if the kids are stomping around upstairs. They're kids, you can't expect them to be perfectly quiet. But who the hell does she think she is sitting there even talking to this guy as if she's the one doing the interview when she won't even fucking live here come Thursday?! Fuck. She's spent maybe 2 weeks total sleeping in this house since she moved in at the beginning of February, yet she seems to be able to have an opinion? Fuck off.

I'm so fucking angry about it. So of course the guy was like "oh okay well I'll get back to you on it..." yeah whatever.

UGH.

Whatever indeed. I have another guy I will be meeting up with on Thursday night. I hope he takes it. That would really take a load off of my mind.

My other stress right now is that my schedule is going through the roof this month. Mondays I get up at 4:30 in the morning and I'm not home until 10:30/11 at night. I literally do not sit down for more than half an hour in that time frame. Tuesday's to Friday I will be working a minimum of 10 hour days, to an upwards of 16 or more when shit goes through the roof next week. Saturdays and Sundays I get up at 7am and get ready to leave for school by 8ish. I'm not home until 6:30/7 at night.

Now... to add to this stress, it is the last month of school. This means we have not one, not two, but THREE tests every single monday from now until we graduate (one written and two practical.) This doesn't include our final written exam or the final practical exam. Then there is also our grad show that we have to prepare for, thankfully we have two weeks of no clients at the end of april so we can do that during class. BUT I still have to pick music, figure out costume, and of course, get my models which is all stuff that has to be done on my own time outside of class. I will be putting up a craigslist ad this week and poaching people like you wouldn't believe!

And on top of it all I still have to fit in 20 hours of work experience at the salon I will be working at once I'm done school.

Shit.Show.

I'm also a little frustrated because I have everyone wanting me to finish my steel fab apprenticeship yet again. Honestly yes I would love to finish it, but I didn't just pay 10 grand to go to school for something I am absolutely obsessed with just to go back to steel fab. It's frustrating me that everyone is pushing for me to go back into steel fab. Yes I understand that hairdresser wages suck when you first start out but I honestly don't care at this point. I know that it is going to be really hard for me financially for a few years. I know that I will have to work two jobs in order to make it work. But basically, here is what I'm being offered right now:

Steel fab apprenticeship - 2 years left to go with an end salary of 30+ bucks an hour,

OR

Basically minimum wage but being trained by a Joico stage artist that's won the following awards: 2007 Colourist of the year, 2007 Multicultural stylist of the year, 2007 BC/Alberta stylist of the year, 2005 and 2007 BC stylist of the year... and on top of it has been a finalist for the 2009 mirror awards for BC stylist and Avant Garde, and 2008's BC stylist for the Contessa awards.

This woman's work is featured in magazines that are distributed all over the world. How could I ever even consider passing up an opportunity to work with her and be trained by her? It shocks me that some people don't get that.

I hate leaving things unfinished when it comes to things like this, so yes it actually pains me to think about walking away from steel fab without finishing my apprenticeship and it terrifies me to know that I'm taking a HUGE pay cut yet again but I'm just going to go with my gut on this one. I feel like I'm making the right choice and I'll do whatever I have to do to get through the next year or two because I'm pretty sure I would be kicking myself down the road for passing something like this up.

Sigh. Welcome to my basket case life. May 1st could not come fast enough! I was doing so well without getting too stressed out but today is a different story. I think I have good reason.

Frig am I ever looking forward to coffee with Alicia tomorrow! I need a time out and some good old fashioned girl time. Also, my best friend Kat is in town tonight so I will be meeting up with her in about an hour or so. I can't wait to give her hugs and rub her little pregnant belly! She is having a healthy baby boy! She had to come down here for an extra ultrasound because they had some borderline results at their last ultrasound but everything is okay!

Thank God for great friends otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd be going completely insane right now!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Stick to what your passions and the money will follow. 36 days and I will be there along with my goofy friends. It will all be worth it in the end.

Smelly Danielly said...

Ok. Here are my two cents...

1) Kick your roomate in the head, even if her name is Danielle, do it anyways.

2) Take every opportunity that comes your way HAIR wise. I've been in your same position (expect in regards to fashion) and these opportunities don't come around very often. You will regret not doing it. The shop will always be there. You can ALWAYS go back to it. Look at it as your back up plan. DO HAIR! You love hair! You are good at hair! Do it now, because you will regret it when you are older. I don't make a lot of money, but I still love what I do...(most days hahaha).

Marlee said...

36 days mom! I CAN'T WAIT! I'm so friggen excited to see you you don't even know! I need some serious mom-time!

Danielle, I wanted to sooo bad! I was so mad. UGH. And yes I 100% agree, the shop is always there to go back to, but I would be the biggest idiot to not go through with this. I'll miss the money, but I don't even care because I am SO happy with doing hair that it doesn't matter. One day I will make a lot of money doing it, but for now I'll at least be incredibly content! :)

Warrior said...

ex roomate a moron. don't give up on 30 bucks an hour. Getting trained by someone with lots of titles from 2007 is great, what happened to 2008/09.
You are a great looking woman.
What do you mean when you say you are virgo libra? Are you born on September 21st?