I haven't blogged for awhile, and I haven't overly felt like it either. The Oscars are tonight and I should be watching them to see what the latest celebrity updo trends are but I haven't quite made it to the couch yet. I just got home from class and I'm a little bit hungry and a lot tired.
I'm in a bit of a bad mood for some reason. The girls were going out for Tonya's birthday tonight but I decided not to go out this weekend. I need a good long break. I've got a lot of things going on this week so I need to continue to work all of that out.
As I expected would happen, my roommate will be moving out at the end of the month. It's for an entirely different reason than I originally expected, but has ended with the same reason. Let's just say there was a little unexpected baby that unexpectedly miscarried shortly after someone unexpectedly got pregnant. She put in her notice but still decided she would move out. She spends most of her time downtown at her boyfriends so it really is a pointless thing for her to pay rent here. It's too bad too because I actually do really like her and she's been great this far. Oh well though.
A friend of mine is moving here in September and wants to move in with me so I'm going to try to find someone temporarily until then. Mainly because I would rather live with my friend than complete strangers at this point.
I've also decided that when she moves in with me we're just going to find a new place. I'm getting a little tired of this place now and I feel like I need a change of scenery. I'll have been living here for 2 and a half years come that time so that's quite a long time to stay in one place for when you're renting. No one likes moving but I could definitely use a change. I'm going to look for places in both Burnaby and Vancouver. Maybe more East Van.
I have a job interview on Wednesday at a salon on Main Street. It's in quite a trendy little area and it seems like a fantastic salon so I am really crossing my fingers that I'll get it. The position is for a junior stylist/apprentice which, surprisingly, is a position quite hard to come by. The team seems incredibly talented and I know I could learn a lot from them. They're very involved with hair shows as well as continuing education which is a huge plus. There are a lot of salons that just stick to the basics but I definitely want to be somewhere that's more involved with all aspects of the industry, not simply just going to work and doing your thing.
Work experience week is over so we are now halfway through our course. This means that every cut we do on our mannequins from here on out is marked as a test cut. We have always been graded on our cuts before, but these ones are actually graded for our final exam. No pressure at all. Naht.
I'm starting to change my mind on the idea of going to London for a year and am instead considering going to Australia. I discussed London with a few people that have worked there as hairdressers and yes you do learn a lot but it is incredibly hard to make a living over there. Literally some stylists make 100 pounds a week. That's not very much at all when the cost of living is so high. So that is definitely x'ing that idea for me for now. I will go there one day but it will have to be when I can afford to make piss poor money for the 6-12 months that I'm there for.
So... Australia here I come! It actually sounds way more appealing in terms of weather and beaches... and men... and teeth. Australian guys are friggen hot. Well, the stereotypical ones at least. No but in all honesty, I've heard good things about Australia as well as jobs over there so it's probably more up my alley. I can hardly wait! Alicia you had better get your shit together 'cause I'm coming to visit in a year or two!
I suppose I should go make some food and check out some celebrity hair. I've already missed a good chunk of it by now. Man I'm hungry. I suppose cake batter for breakfast, left over pasta for lunch, and half of a giant cookie isn't much for a day. Don't judge.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Lots of things happening with you, girlie! Good luck, just be confident in your talents you have great passion that someone who has no idea what hair is all about can see. :)
NO WAY!!!!
How freakin awesome would that be?!
Australia is pretty damn cool, and im not just saying that because i live There, ha ha!
Australian boys love a girl with an accent so youre pretty much all set!
HAHA good cause I love me some Australian boys with their accents! It's a perfect fit and has been decided. I'm going to Australia! haha
Don't toy with me.... you better be coming!
Our accents suck... But hey if it gets you over here i will line up a stack of Aussie hotties for you too choose from!
I'm not toying with you Alicia! In fact, I'm going to start practicing my "Park the car" phrase so I can be up to par with you Aussies when I make my way over there! hahahaha
ha ha ha just leave the "R" out of both words and you should be fine!
Post a Comment