Monday, March 8, 2010

I'll Re-write This Tomorrow...

This bitchy mood I've had all night has really put a damper on my list of things to do this evening.

On that list consisted putting up an ad for a new roommate. This is what I have so far:

Hi there,

I have a room for rent in a basement suite in Burnaby. Great location, 8-10 minute walk from Lake City Way Skytrain station, nice and quiet neighborhood. Large bedroom, approx 15x10 feet. Bedroom is unfurnished but everything else is taken care of.

Rent is 450 per month, that includes everything except for internet which is an extra 25 bucks per month. You will have to meet the landlords. No lease needed, can be month to month.

What I'm looking for:

I am looking for a temporary roommate as I am thinking of moving out for September 1st. However, if you would like to continue renting this place should I decide to leave you may do so; you would just have to discuss it with the landlords upon doing so, or pay the full 900/month rent.

Looking for someone on the quiet side, a student or working professional between the ages of 22-28. Male or female, doesn't really matter just so long as you're not creepy. All I ask is that you're respectful and tidy.

If you're at the bar every single weekend getting plastered, that's fine, just don't come home and wake me up at 3/4 in the morning, and unfortunately no partying here. Friends over every so often is fine just no parties. If however you particularly love to end up sleeping on the bathroom floor or in the shower, then again, probably not gonna fly. Once in awhile that happens to the best of us but it can't be an every weekend occurrence.

Absolutely no smokers, and no drugs either. Zero tolerance from the landlords. No pets either unfortunately, and that is also a landlord preference so please no emails starting off with "I think I'm great but... I have a cat." Save your efforts because I can't bend on that one. (I have tried. Close but no cigar.)

... I've decided maybe I should write this tomorrow... when I'm less of an asshole. Can you sense my loss of patience for roommate searches?

5 comments:

Shaz said...

omg what!? where is the clause about not leaving their pubes everywhere?

Mike said...

not creepy... way to go, you just struck everyone in the vancouver area off the list.

Krista... said...

it read fine to me. if i was looking for roommate i would not think it was bitchy at all. it's personal and cute.

i like the part about sleeping on the bathroom floor.

Marlee said...

Shaz I quit writing before I could get that far! haha. Good point Mike, pretty sure I'll never find anyone that meets all of the requirements AND isn't creepy.

haha thanks Krista! I like to keep ads personal and kind of funny, but unfortunately last night I feel like my sense of humour would have come across more bitchy than anything. Ah well, I shall try again soon.

Stacey said...

Instead of going into detail you could just post an ad for someone who wants to move in with a real bitch. hahahahaha Just kidding and laughing, a different approach might appeal to a few more people.