Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ballzears and Dirty Bathrooms

The days are going by faster than ever and my exhaustion has hit an all time low. I was so tired this morning that I could barely open my eyes. For some stupid reason I can't ever seem to just go to bed and fall asleep, I have to wait until I'm tired enough to fall asleep before I can lay down. Last night it was 4 in the morning before that happened. I was so tired I could have puked. So I e-mailed my boss and went back to bed. I didn't resurface from my bedroom until 2:30 this afternoon. I was in the deepest sleep of my life. Then I got up and got ready for school and went to class.

The weekend was a busy one. Friday night Mark and I hung out. I had 10 million things on the go so baking cookies got put on hold due to the fact that I was trying to do my laundry and everything at the same time he was here. (Quite the life I lead right?) So we watched superbad instead because I don't have any good horror movies and I didn't want to have nightmares. Yes I totally pussied out.

On Saturday night I was invited to a co-workers Christmas party. I didn't take any pictures because I didn't really know anyone there and I would feel weird taking pictures of people I don't know at all. It was a really fun night though. I didn't drink much because I had to drive so I was very well behaved. I was quite impressed with Graham's party planning skills though. He had food and everything set up and he even had a bunch of Christmas games to play which was hilarious. I might actually steal some of his ideas and have a Christmas party next year. It was a blast though. His place is like Joey and Chandlers from friends - no kitchen table, but there is a fooseball table haha. It was great. He even had prizes for his games though, he had a box for the "naughty" list and a box for the "nice" list. It was hilarious. I ended up with a pair of handcuffs at the end of the night and was attempting to do the limbo. It turns out I cannot limbo very well.

I was feeling rather gross Sunday morning though for some stupid reason. I had 4 palm bays, that's it, FOUR and I had a gnarly hangover. I threw up before school and then was on my way. However I felt great after about an hour or so and somehow whipped through the days haircuts. Here was Saturday at school:

Oh hai there Jude, what nice red highlights you have.


Awe Judy cuddles. My hair has faded so much it's insane. It has a slight hint of red left to it and a little bit of the violet and that's it. It's strange. I was looking quite rough that day... for reasons I'm unsure of.


Miss Jamie with her fancy new purple hair. Her Judy disappeared, she's now got Judolph Hitler hanging out in Judy's place.


Colleen of course.


A few of the girls talking colour with our instructor Elyssa.


Jotee. She wasn't feeling very good that day, her stomach had this crazy rock hard bulge. It's true - I felt it. It was the weirdest thing I have ever felt.


HAHA everything about this picture makes me happy. Katie-Rose on the left, Jessica in the middle, and Jamie on the right.


Chelsea doing "the hairdressers pose." I'd like to reassure you though that we only look like that 1/4 of the time. The other 3/4's of the time we're doin' us some fuckin lunges.


Clearly we were busy that day... So busy in fact that Katie-Rose had to re-apply her lipstick because she worked it all off.


Random french roll I did last weekend.


Also complete with a set of highlights I did.



HAHA Jamie's happy face. Stoked on life that she could fiiiiiiinally shave off all of Judy's hair. It's really creepy cause when Judy gets shaved it feels like velcro.


Oh Hey stephanie what's up? "Oh nothing, just shaving some random lightening bolts into Judy's head."


HAHAHA. Can I PLEASE do this to someones hair?! Any volunteers?? Come on you know it's funny.



We practiced our "Chignon updos" ... To quote Katie-Rose doing the "It's a fucking chignon!!" face. Bahaha. Tonya is in the middle and Kara is on the far right. Kara is the one who flies in to Vancouver from Fort St. John ever single weekend.


This is what Judy now looks like. The end of Judy doll #1. I am going to take her to Fort with me over Christmas and I'm going to play target practice with the .338 ... I was going to do it with the 30.06 but I'm not going to have it with me obvs. I'll be sure to get it on video.


Last night after class a few of us girls decided to go over to the Cambie for a couple drinks. Our class is slowly developing some cliques. It's not like in highschool where one group hates the other or anything like that but there are a lot of different personalities and different ages so you sort of end up spending more time with the people you have more in common with, obviously - duh. We do have a really great room full of girls though and we all get along incredibly well.

Anyways, so Katie-Rose, Jamie, Kaitlyn and myself went to grab some drinks. Jessica was going to join us later but we left before she was ready to get her ass over there.

We ended up being about the only girls in the place. I went and poached some victims for Kaitlyns hair models this coming weekend but we'll see how that goes over. She was too shy to ask the bartender to be her model so I got him on board for her. She's not sure if she wants to cut his hair now so hopefully he doesn't show up.

After a very interesting conversation of ballbras (wow now I remember what I was supposed to google today...) and boobs/bras a bunch of random old men came over to ask us to play pool with them. Kaitlyn finally gave in while the rest of us stayed at the table claiming we just really wanted to sit since we'd been on our feet all day. (Not a complete lie but a little bit.) Kaitlyn got up, drank her beer, put the glass on the table and says, and I quote "I hope they've got sons!" and walked over to the pool tables hahahaha. I almost pissed myself laughing it was so unexpected. She's SO quiet in class but you get her singled out and with a beer and she is hilarious.


One of the guys names was Mike McKill. Yes, that's right, McKill. We let him buy us a pitcher anyways. I also met my future husband (not.) ... The one guy kept asking me to marry him, I told him I had a dress already but I'm not sure if he realized I was serious about that part. Either way it was extremely entertaining. They were completely harmless and gave us some pretty good entertainment for the night. There were a few other random conversations with two guys we like to call "28 and 29" but they weren't nearly as entertaining.


We TRIED to get a nice picture but Kaitlyn wasn't having any part of it. Obvs.


We left quite early and I dropped all the girls off at their homes/skytrains and was at home by 9:30. I had to be good since I was driving so I only allowed myself 3 beers.

Just as I suspected from the moment I knew I'd be in school -- the cambie is going to end up being visited rather frequently. Ahhh I love that place, even if I have to hover over their shit and blood stained toilet seats when I pee.

Sigh.

This week I am going to learn how to play "All laid back and stufff" by Andy McKee on that damn guitar thats been sitting unplayed for 3 days.

Anyways, time for bed. Next weekend we've got live victims in our chairs at school! I can't believe I've already been in school for over a month.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Technically, wouldn't it be your exhaustion is at an all time high?

Krista... said...

when i was doing my nursing course it was terrible for cliques. except it was smokers against non smokers. very strange...it ended up getting so bad some major shit went down and the head of the school was involved and stuff...wherever there are women there is drama!!

Stacey said...

I like the updo

Marlee said...

Yes Mike you're probably right, but I wouldn't consider exhaustion a good time, therefor I say it's a low. :P

That's crazy Krista! I know our school as some weird policy too where you gotta keep your shit to yourself and they try to work stuff out between people if there are issues coming up between classmates and/or instructors. But you are right, wherever there are women there is drama! hahaha

Thanks mom!

aliciafashionista said...

yes I also love the french twist! Love your adventures at school :) Seems so fun!

Marlee said...

Awe thanks love!