I haven't left my house since I dropped of Krista at the ferry on Wednesday afternoon. I have zero food and really needed to get some groceries.
Due to this flu I decided it best to keep myself quarantined to my bedroom but given the fact that I had no food in my house I decided this afternoon as I've started to feel quite a bit better that I would take a quick trip over to the grocery store so I could pick up a few things.
Imagine my excitement when I got into an accident on the way to the fucking store.
I was in the left hand lane going north, and he was in the left hand lane going south. Apparently the guy in my right hand lane had slowed down to let this guy turn left. That's fine and dandy but at the end of the day YOU DON'T FUCKING TURN LEFT IF PEOPLE IN ONE LANE HAVEN'T STOPPED!!! Fuck. I didn't even see the guy that was "slowing to let him turn left" ... There were cars lined up behind that guy but they weren't at a complete stop it just looked like someone was turning right onto Union.
So even though I hadn't even remotely slowed down (no I wasn't speeding by the way as it was rush hour and speeding is impossible at that time) the guy decided he was going to start turning left anyways. Just as he starts to turn left I slam on my breaks and veer to the left to try to avoid the accident as much as possible. However, there was no avoiding this. My antilocks kicked in and I slammed right into him.
I shook my head in complete and utter disappointment then proceeded to put my hazards on and got out of my car. We picked a place to pull over and got our cars off the road. We got out again, exchanged the basic information - license plate, drivers license number, name, and phone numbers. I wrote down the place of the accident and the time and we left it at that. I'll phone ICBC and make a claim because I'm not even remotely going to try to deal with this outside of ICBC. I already know the guy is going to try to pull the "but the other person was going to let me turn left..." stunt.
Oh and ps thank you to my airbags for not deploying. I'm starting to wonder if my airbags are fucking defective or something because they probably should have gone off today but they did not. That's probably a good thing though because it would have done more damage than good but still, makes you wonder.
Anyways, I'm hoping that this will all somehow get settled easily. I don't have the fucking patience for this shit right now. Not one bit. Even my radiator is bent which is going to be quite expensive to fix. Not to mention that my entire bumper will need to be replaced, along with the shock absorber pad, and theres scratches on the hood of my car as well so that will all need to be repainted, aaaaand one of my headlights (just the outter case) is busted as well. Who even knows what underlying damage there is.
Fuck I just really didn't need this right about now. Really really really didn't. Here's to hoping I don't wake up with a messed up back again. I swear if anything else happens to my back I'm going to fly off the effing handle. I'm already a little sore but who knows what I'll feel like tomorrow. I'm just a little shakey right now. I made sure that before I even asked how either of our vehicles were to ask if everyone in his car was okay and I asked if he had any kids in the car and he said no. Thank GOD for that because I don't know what I would have done had there been children in the vehicle. I would have felt so awful even though this wasn't my fault.
2 comments:
Aww Marlee that sucks!
It was his fault.. Not yours so don't worry about that.
I just hope that you don't end up in any pain.
Let me know if you need anything
Holy carp. I hope you are ok <3
This just isn't the year.
Post a Comment