I do have a couple of nights to look forward to in the upcoming weeks. I have been avoiding going out on weekends though lately and will continue to do so through the rest of my course. I am exhausted at the end of my school days because it's a 12 hour day on my feet with only one half hour lunch break and a 10 minute break at some other point in the day. I am quite surprised at how much it takes out of you. You're absorbing information all day so not only are you physically exhausted but you are mentally exhausted too. Basically when I get home I just want to go to bed. On top of that I just really want to make sure that I am on the ball in class so I don't fall behind or do poorly. It's very important for me to do well in this.
BUT... That being said, this Saturday is the lovely Miss Quan's birthday extravaganza. I am highly looking forward to this because it'll be nice to have a night out with good company and nothing to worry about. I don't plan on getting loser pissed (sorry Alicia, I'm leaving that up to you :) I'm sure you'll take care of it for me haha) since I'll have to get up early and my liver already hates me, but I'll go out and have a couple drinks and have a good time! I can't wait to see my lovely lady friends again. <3
The weekend after that I have been invited to a co-workers birthday which is also going to be extremely fun. I can't even tell you how excited I am for that one because it's a flapper themed party and if you've been reading my blog for awhile or know me at all you will know that the flapper era (1920's/1930's) is my absolute FAVOURITE thing ever. Costumes are mandatory. I love this particular co-worker too. She's one of my favourite people in the office. She's one of those people that are just so naturally witty. I'm always jealous of witty people. I wish I was clever enough to be hilarious ALL the time but I just don't seem to have that in me. I do however think I'm pretty frickin funny.
My last few weekends have strictly been dedicated to school. I finally took a couple of pictures but I probably won't be taking many more pictures of the dreaded mannequin head just because I hate her so much. They're called "Judy Dolls" ... They have the worst hair ever to cut or style. It is like cutting your barbies hair but in a larger scaled version of course. It's poked into the head and sticks straight out when it gets even remotely short. This was the last length we cut where it could possibly even look half decent.
This was my Blunt Bob. I love blunt bobs. They're just so clean and precise.
Excuse the crazy wave at the front. I promise you her hair isn't uneven it just wasn't straightened and Judy has crazy wavy hair. I round-brushed her hair quite quickly so it's not overly sexy on the one side.
This next haircut is the Hard Edge Bob. It's slightly graduated. Again, this was only round brush blowdryed and not straightened so it doesn't look "perfect" but that's half the fun of it too. :)
Our Judy's look pretty hideous now. We did the dreaded soft edge bob which was just, ugh I don't even know how to explain how frustrating that haircut was. Our instructors tell us it is one of the most difficult (if not the most difficult) haircut to do... I can tell you now that I have a MAJOR appreciation to my hairdresser for all the soft edges she did on me that she didn't screw up cause man are they hard to do.
I also did the colour on my mannequin. I should take a "before" picture of Judy too one of these days. She's pretty gnarly looking. Reddish brown hair with grey hair and threads in there. It's gross.
So that's been my life lately. This week is another hectic week. I actually came home on my lunch hour today to grab a bite to eat and I cleaned the kitchen while I was at it. It's pretty sad but I don't even have time to clean. I desperately need to sweep, mop, and vaccuum which will be tonights task. As well as the bathroom needs a good scrub down. Tomorrow I will do my bedroom then I should be all caught up again which will make me feel much better.
Tomorrow after work I have to go to ICBC to get an estimate done on my car. Thursday I have an appointment with the chiropractor to get my back checked out. I've been quite sore since the accident so I'm going to be very cautious and keep an eye on things. I won't be going to the doctors to get it looked at because they never tell you anything anyways. The last time I got in an accident they told me I was fine when in fact I'd actually torn all the muscles on the right side of my spine from my lower back to my middle back (about 5-6 vertibrae distance.)
I also am going to be doing overtime at the office to make up for some of my sick days and so I can take another day and a half off to go home for Christmas. I can't wait to get home to my family.
My next day off won't be until the 23rd of December so it's going to be one hell of a crazy month. I can say though that I am finally eating normally again, I haven't thrown up for about 4 or 5 days now, and I'm even sleeping better. I also have started to get closer with some of the girls I'm in class with which is really awesome too. I am quite happy with the last few days (minus the car accident and the flu but even that is turning out to be okay so far.)
I'm so glad I'm doing this. It's going to be the best thing I could have ever done for myself. It's nice when you fall in love with something and then finally get to work it into your life. And I won't lie, I feel pretty damn cool when I've got my scissors in one hand and I'm whippin them in and out of my hand... I'm getting all suave with them... but I REALLY need to get over the comb dropping business cause that -- not so suave.
2 comments:
i could make a wise ass remark about you looking cuter as a mannequin. but i'm feeling lazy.
you have such amazing hair skills Marlee....you are a natural.
Post a Comment