Thursday, November 19, 2009

It'll Be The Best Bush You'll Ever Eat

I have been trying to study for two nights now and both nights I have failed miserably. But I feel it's excusable. Although tonight I also ended up at IKEA for 50 cent hotdogs and random items. I got some cookie cutters shaped like a moose, a squirrel, a snail, a bear, a fox, and what appears to be a bush. I also got a placemat for my station at school, some hooks to hang my necklaces and scarves/belts on, and some new glasses.

I've been talking to my friend Jon for the last two nights. It's been awhile since we've had the chance to sit down and have a good long conversation. It's amazed me to see how he's been doing. Things have been going quite well for him. He's currently in Vanderhoof where he surprised his mom for her birthday. He proceeded to make her a gigantic turkey dinner today and has just been hanging out with his family.

He's living on the Island and he'll be back in Vancouver on Monday for some more scans. Due to his cancer being in his spine and the fact that it's such a rare condition his doctors are trying to figure out how to go about treating it. They've been conferencing back and forth with other doctors in Europe, Asia, and of course the US in hopes of finding a good course of treatment.

Hopefully they figure that out soon.

I love him though. He's the sweetest person ever. We took a little trip down memory lane yesterday and laughed about the time when he showed up at my highschool and my principal thought he was some crazy person that might try to abduct me haha. My principal wouldn't let him see me, he made me come down to the office and then asked me in front of Jon "do you know this person?" and when I said yes he finally allowed us to leave the office.

Throughout Jons chemo I didn't get to visit him. I tried to ask his girlfriend or family when I could see him but it was hard to get a response since they were really busy and stuff. I was worried that maybe he didn't want any visitors or that maybe his family didn't so I decided it was best to not upset anyone. Situations like that can be really sensitive for families. I did however see him on his first day of chemo which literally was the day after his brain surgery and I brought him a Teddy Bear and a guitar magazine. I didn't even stop to think about the fact that his family is crazy religious and when I walked in I said to him "I brought you a really fucking gay bear." ... Somehow his family really likes me he said. His mom asked him who he was talking to last night and when he said "Marlee" ... she responded with "is that the sailor girl?" HAHA... Ahhh I love it. But even with the swearing she told him she thinks I am a very "nice girl." hahaha.

As gay as that bear was though he said he loved it. He said he slept with it every night in the hospital cause it felt nice on his face. The nurses all made fun of him for it and he still slept with the thing. It made me so happy knowing that it meant that much to him though.

Throughout his treatment I would write him before each round of chemo. Sometimes it didn't say much except "I love you and I'm praying for you" and sometimes I would tell him a story. I wasn't sure if he ever got the e-mails but he told me tonight that he got every one of them and would read them over and over before each treatment.

It is nice to know that he still knew I loved him even though I wasn't there with him in person. I was worried that when I saw him on his first day of chemo that he might have felt like I was intruding or that his family would feel like that but he said he said they were all very happy that I was there for him and more importantly he was very happy to see me. It had been about 3 years since we'd last seen eachother.

We finally talked about how he feels about everything too. Whether or not he's afraid or what. He said something that I seriously want to put on a friggen t-shirt because it is genius. His exact words:

"Cancer is my bitch."

I love it. It's probably offensive to some but I think it's the perfect attitude to have when you're going through what he is. He said his cancer isn't terminal and when I asked how they know when it's terminal and when it's not and he said "cause I don't feel like it is." ... another response I loved.

He's making progress. Slowly but surely. I don't know how this is all going to end up but I have huge faith in it all right now. His body is very sick but his mind definitely says differently. Whatever the case I am very lucky to have known him for as long as I have.

On a somewhat unrelated note though... Jon sent me this video and you should watch it because it's awesome. You can totally see the ending coming but none the less it's still hilarious.

I had my first visit with the chiropractor today. My back has been sore all week and it's gotten worse the last couple of days. He asked me if I've been getting any headaches, which weirded me out because I have had a headache for three days straight. I didn't think anything of it but he said it was the inflammation in my back creeping up to my neck and head. My middle upper back all the way up to my neck is inflamed and all messed up. I have to go back twice a week for the next couple of months and then the visits will start to become more spaced out.

I also took my car into ICBC yesterday to get their estimate done. They estimated it at about 3500 bucks. My car is going to be in the shop for about a week getting fixed. I should know in a couple a week or two when liability has been accepted and I can take my car into the shop, get the deductible waved and everything goes straight to ICBC.

Oh how sweet it will be to fix that god awful ugly bumper. I feel like people are staring at me like I rear ended someone, because that's exactly what it looks like. I feel like I should put a sign on my car that says "I DIDN'T REAR END ANYONE, SOMEONE CUT ME OFF AND I HIT THEM HEAD ON!" ... I feel like it's less embarrassing haha.

Goodnight world.

No comments: