It's been a major change of pace kind of weekend and all I can say is that the next 6 months are going to be a fucking gong show.
This weekend has been beyond busy. We're balls deep in cutting hair already and once the majority of the class has finished something we start moving onto the next thing. Even if you're not finished we start our next demo and you continue to plug along on your first task until it's finished, then you start on whatever's next.
It is a good busy though. It's exhausting in a way I can't even describe. My feet have never felt pain like they did this weekend... unless I've shopped with my mom in high heels for 2 days straight. I made the mistake of wearing heels on Saturday. While they never cause any problems for me if I'm up walking around it's a whole different story when you're standing in a pretty fixed place for 8 hours.
I get up at 7am to get ready for school, leave my house around 8am, get to school for 9, and am there until 5:30. By the time I get home it's about 6:30 which leaves me enough time to get some food in me, relax a little, do some studying, and get to sleep.
Tonight we have our first test and we didn't get our textbooks until Saturday morning so there hasn't been much time to study. Since Friday night I was only able to sleep for 40 minutes I came straight home from school, forced some food into me and then went to bed. I didn't even bother studying because of how tired I was. So last night was the only night I've had to study so I spent another half hour today re-reading the chapter.
Aside from the hectic schedule everything has been really fun and interesting. We got our kits on Saturday, which included a suitcase full of hair shit, a dufflebag full of more hair shit, and 4 mannequin heads. There were some extra things as well that weren't in our bags or suitcases.
It was like Christmas I will tell you that much. I could swim in the amount of hair crap I have now and I love it!
Saturday we did our first haircut, a blunt cut. Surprisingly I find it the most nerve wracking of our haircuts so far seeing as how it is a cut that highlights fuck ups. Yesterday we did three more haircuts, a long layers cut, another blunt cut, and then finished our day with a blunt bob. All three turned out awesome and I'm very pleased with my cutting abilities and with my time management. It's really exciting to finally be learning the techniques behind it all.
I managed to be the first person of the day yesterday to cut myself *hurray me!* haha. I didn't even want to own up to it even though I know that the most professional hairstylists cut themselves all the time. But as I secretly wandered around looking for bandaids about 4 other people fessed up to cutting themselves as well. Nothing like taking a pair of scissors and cutting a chunk of your fingers off. Mmmmm. Gross. I think by the end of the day almost everyone had cut themselves at least once.
All I need to do now is name my four mannequin heads.
I still have to do a halloween post but that's going to be put on hold for awhile longer yet since I'm just way too busy to do it at home. I might just end up skipping the post and putting the pictures up on facebook.
Time to get back to work now.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you should call your heads Wendy, Tina, Stacey and Rupi. I could share a name with the other Stacey.
Post a Comment