Sunday, August 16, 2009

Put Your Foot In Your Mouth

So... I had my first "foot in mouth" encounter last night.

I almost felt bad for him, but I didn't at the same time because it was just too funny.

Someone says to this man, "Oh have you met Marlee?" and he replies "yeah we've met at church." ... it was dark so we had already started shaking hands then realized that yes we had in fact already met before.

So he sits down with everyone, and he looks at me and says "so have you and Dario set a date yet?"

All of a sudden I start laughing and say "weeellll...." and the girl next to me kept going "BAD. BAD. BAD. FOOT IN MOUTH, FOOT IN MOUTH!!!" which then made us all laugh even more.

I can't even deny the fact that I burst out laughing because I just knew how awkward he was going to feel once I dropped the "we broke up" bomb on him.

Once I did he kind of laughs awkwardly and says "I'm so sorry..." then he looks over at everyone else that was there and was like "NO ONE COULD HAVE TOLD ME?!?!"

hahaha ahhh... I was expecting the first time this happened to be really awkward, thankfully it just turned out to be quite hilarious.

2 comments:

Ophelia Mourne said...

poor guy lol

*hugs* Im glad you could laugh about it, he was probably thankful :o)

aliciafashionista said...

haha I HATE being that person who asks. At least it was funny!