Sigh.
2:11am and I'm only starting to just get sleepy again.
I went to bed around 10 tonight after reading a few pages of a book I should have read long ago. It's called "Smart Women Finish Rich." ... It's a financial book specifically aimed towards women since it is not uncommon for men to take care of the finances, and then when something happens to the man (say they die or there's a divorce) women who were once wealthy are left with nothing.
It's written by a man which I find very interesting. I clearly have never paid much attention to the cover of the book because I always thought it was written by a woman. I won't lie, thinking it was written by a woman sort of deterred me from wanting to read it. It's weird really because according to the stats, 45% of employees/employers are women so it's nearly 50/50... not to mention that the stats say that women have opened more businesses lately than men, and have been more successful with them than men... but for some reason when it comes to financial advice I enjoy hearing it from a mans point of view instead. The man who wrote it has been very successful with managing finances, as well as stocks/investments etc. It's been an interesting read so far.
The main point of the book is that everyone should be responsible for their own finances. Both partners in a relationship should know where the finances are spread about, what money is being spent where, etc etc. The point of that being so that should something ever happen to one or both parties, then the other is not left in the dark about what financial decisions had been made for them their entire life. It talks about some women who are left widowed at 65+ years of age and how their family was very wealthy, but when their husbands passed away they realized that they weren't as well off as they had thought.... causing them to claim bankruptcy and live off of pensions that hardly cover the cost of anything.
So far so good though. It's written in a way that keeps your interest since a lot of people hate reading or learning about finances. It's definitely not the most exciting thing in the world sometimes.
So 2:18am and why am I awake? Oh that's simple. I was woken up when Krystal came home from Les Miserables with her boyfriend and finished moving the majority of her stuff around 11:30pm. I'm not entirely impressed because I should be getting rest and instead I've totally over done it today and now I'm in this position.
A few people have told me it will take a couple of weeks to heal, what those people don't know is that on top of the surgery I had the IUD put in place... which right now is causing me a great deal of pain. I am hoping it won't hurt for too long. The incisions and surgery portion doesn't seem to be whats bothering me at all right now. I'm wondering how I would feel if I didn't have the IUD put in, I'd probably be feeling great.
Yesterday I was on a lot of pain killers so it kept it to a little more of a minimum, but today has been quite excrutiating at times. Maybe I'm just being a baby, I don't know, but this is at least 20x worse than the worst menstrual cramps I've ever had. It comes in bursts, so one minute I'll be okay and then the next I'm keeled over in pain.
I did the dishes today and took the garbage out, as well as took the recycling out. That was about all I could handle. I went to the store with Dario to get some more pain killers and I have been done for ever since. I really shouldn't be doing any of that but I felt bad having Dario go to the store to get me my medicine. One because he wasn't sure what to get me, and two it was slightly embarrassing for the poor guy. I did the dishes and took the garbage out because it was obvious that Krystal wasn't going to do it as she's in her moving process. She asked if I could drive her to the airport tomorrow but I have said no as I'm definitely not feeling well enough to drive yet. It hurts anytime I get in and out of the car, not to mention when I hit bumps or anything.
I was on my own all day today, I managed to shower and get my bandages off the stomach/crotch region. I'm left with a couple of steri strips. The ones in my bellybutton are driving me insane, I would have preferred stitches. For all I know there might be stitches inside my bellybutton though. I guess I'll find out when these stupid steri strips finally come off.
I wish I wasn't home all day by myself but such is life. Dario has to work so it's just me here. It's not so bad, but today I wished I could have had someone here with me. There were times where it would have been nice to have someone help me get in and out of my bed, or help me with the dishes. I called Dario in the afternoon and asked him to come over in the evening, one for the company but two to help me out a little bit. I only ate half a granola bar, a few crackers, and some gingerale up until dinner. I wasn't feeling to great cause the cramps I was having made me want to throw up. I ended up crying a couple of times, mainly because I hurt like a son of a bitch, but also because of my frustrations with everything. To add to that, it's been a very exhausting weekend and my emotions and hormones are all over the place right now.
My grandma had a stroke on Friday. She's doing okay but I'm definitely still worried about her. She goes for an ultrasound tomorrow to see if there's any clots left in her carotid arteries and if there are then she'll be sent down here to have surgery to remove them. She's been put on new medications and blood thinners to try to help her out for the time being.
I'm just tired I suppose. I have only eaten in 5 days what I would normally eat in 1. I'm hormonal and emotional and want to be babied but at the same time I don't want to be. Dario keeps asking if I'm okay, and I keep saying yes, although I'm a little all over the place right now. Secretly I just want him to sit there and hug me but he can't because the surgery has me all awkward in terms of how I can and can't move. Hugs are much nicer when they don't hurt.
I'm going to finally try to get some sleep again. Now that it's quarter to 3.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I was there to take care of you :(
me too :(
Post a Comment