The day was a bit of a gong show. We got to the hospital around 7:30 since they told me my surgery was at 9:05. It wasn't actually until 9:15 so there was a lot of waiting.
I put my stupid looking gown and ridiculous looking socks on with my little booties... then covered myself up with a robe and waited some more with Dario. I wish I had my camera for that because I looked retarded.
They called me in and asked me a bunch of questions and filled out the forms and what not that I needed to. Went over some of the stuff with me and asked if I knew what I was having done. Uhm I should HOPE that I know what's being done?? ... She gave me some pain killers to shove up my bum and an antacid to take, which I ended up throwing up anyways because I was so nervous. I turned into a total Stan yesterday.
After waiting with Dario for a little bit longer they called me in so I gave him a hug and was on my way. He left while I was in there because it was going to be a few hours before he'd be able to see me and we could go home.
They put me in some new contraption that they just got. I was the first person to use it. During some point of my surgery they had to tilt the table so my legs were up but my head was down... apparently this device holds you in so you don't fall off the table. Awesome. That helped my nerves a whoooooole lot. NAHHTT.
Finally the anesthesiologist was talking to me and told me to think about nice things while she was putting me to sleep so that I would have nice dreams. I started thinking about the wedding next year and all of a sudden all I could think of was "I am cow, hear me moo, I weigh twice as much as you." and the last thing I remember thinking is 'FUCK.' ... I can't believe I went to sleep thinking about that stupid song!
Before I had the surgery they had to take some blood which ended up leaving a big bruise on my arm. The IV didn't even leave nearly as bad of a bruise as that stupid one.
I came to when they were wheeling me into the recovery room. I was extremely tired/groggy and very dizzy. I felt a little nauseous but it was only when I opened my eyes so I kept my eyes closed. The nurses were worried I was going to puke so they loaded me up on some anti nausea medicines. I was very pale apparently. I should have told them that was just me without makeup on.
They pain was pretty bad and I was cramping up like crazy so they gave me some morphine. Within about 45 minutes that had worn off and they had to give me something else before I left. I didn't want to take a T3 until I got home incase it made me sick.
They asked me who was going to be taking me home and I told them my fiance Dario would be. They kept calling him my husband every time they asked me about him. Finally the one nurse went to go get him so she asked me "what does your husband look like?"
I was on so many pain killers and was pretty much higher than a kite, so I told her "hairy."
She started to laugh and I guess it wasn't enough detail so I told her ... "dark skin, dark hair, hairy, beard, tall?" so she asked what his name was and was on her way to find him. I bet if she'd went out there after I just said "hairy" she would have found him no problem.
I was discharged around 1pm and had to keep my eyes closed the whole ride home or I'd get the spins really badly. I was exhausted and wanted to sleep but I couldn't sleep while at the hospital because it was too noisy. I had not one, not two, but THREE people beside me in the duration of my "recovery" that were snoring like no body's ever snored before. It was SO loud. First I had a man on one side of me, and this one woman who was conked right out. Then the guy was discharged and they moved some old lady beside me who joined in the snoring harmony. I don't know how anyone could snore after surgery, my mouth was dryer than the Sahara dessert. I could hardly even speak because my tongue would stick to the roof of my mouth when I tried to form words.
When we got home I had my stuff all laid out on the table should I need it. Along with a bucket and barf bag incase I threw up. Dario helped me into bed and my cramps were getting worse. I was in tears and needed to lay down. I took a t3 and he cut off my hospital bracelets and I slept for about an hour and a half. The nap did me a world of good. I felt awesome after waking up. I had to have a prescription filled because apparently I had a slight bladder infection that they found while the were in there. I usually go to Costco for my prescriptions because it's cheapest, but since Dario doesn't have a Costco card I had to go with him. I was able to manage the trip but had to sit down after a short while because I was starting to cramp up and get dizzy. Finally we got out of there and I came back home. I was able to eat some crackers and cheeze whiz with some gingerale and I felt a lot better.
I went to bed around 8:15 and worked on a crossword puzzle for a bit. I woke up around 1am and was starving so I ate some pasta I had in the fridge. It was an amazing thing.
This morning I woke up around 9 and was up for about two hours then went back to sleep until 1. I got up and had a shower and removed my bandages from my stomach and found some steri strips underneath them. My belly button looks disgusting, I can't show you the other steri strips because they're too low down on my crotch. It's one thing with the giant bandage but without it's a little revealing!
I've managed to get through this post but I'm feeling a little gross so I'm going to try to eat something now. I've only had half a granola bar today and some water so I should probably try to eat something. I have the rest of today and tomorrow to rest and then I am back to work. I'm sure I'll be okay to work but will most likely be quite crampy still.
The results turned out okay. I still don't know entirely what's going on. A small amount of endometriosis was found, so it was cauterized. I will go back for a follow up appointment in 6 weeks so I can discuss things with my doctor about what my next options are. Hopefully the IUD I now have will help significantly and this will be the end of things.
3 comments:
HAHAHAH I AM COW! OMG I have had it stuck in my head for DAYS. I love that that is the last thing you remember!!!
Glad you are feeling better <3
Lol "hairy" I love that!
Yay that the surgery is over with now, I hope you heal fast :D
you even look good when your not feeling so good!!
get better!
Post a Comment