Well it's been good news all around lately. Things have started to get sorted out. My new roommate has signed papers and paid the damage deposit. She came out for dinner with my mom, Dario and myself and it was a good time.
I have a job lined up now so I'll talk to them to find out a start date.
My EI is up, they need a doctors note to get one more week of pay out of them but I don't even feel like bothering with the hassle of it. You have to pay for a doctors note and then half the time it doesn't work anyways.
I went to the doctors today to discuss this birth control. I told her I was gaining weight and she said she was surprised as this pill usually doesn't do that. Either way she wants to go through with the surgery. She looked more into my last few reports and my family background and decided it best to do the surgery to know exactly what's happening.
Until them I'm not on anymore birth controls or medications. During the surgery she's going to insert an IUD though. A low dose progesterone IUD called Mirena. It's a bit of a pain in the ass for the first few months apparently but after that it's in there for up to 5 years. What's nice about it is you aren't altering your body's natural hormones. Everything stays the same, it just releases a small amount of progesterone-like hormone into your uterus and causes the lining not to thicken. If you use it for contraceptive purposes it makes it an unsuitable environment for pregnancy to occur, and for endometriosis purposes it decreases the endometrium growth therefor decreasing the growth of any of the same tissues outside of the uterus (endometriosis) and apparently decreases pain and bleeding. In 30% of cases it stops bleeding all together after about a year or two of being in there.
So the major stresses are taken care of. I'm slightly nervous about the surgery already but I know it will be fine and will do me a world of good afterwards.
I'm going to go remove my contacts now. I'm getting some sort of head cold or something and the pressure in my sinus's is driving me insane. I woke up with a migraine and took some extra strength advil. It didn't help much at first but the headache wore off. Now I've taken some dayquil and the headache is back and so far the cold is still disgusting feeling.
I hate being sick :(
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Im so happy everything seems to be going smoothly for you :o)
Thanks sweets :) It's funny how much I stress out and then how everything sort of falls into it's own place. I wish I could control that a little more haha but at least stuff is working out -- it's time for some good karma!
Post a Comment