Well it's come time to make the decisions.
I'm taking a new job. The one I had an interview with yesterday. The pay isn't the greatest but it's full time, set hours Monday through Friday, and it's close to home. At least with the hours being the way they are then if I need to find some work for the evenings then I can do that. Plus I'll be dressed appropriately so I can just leave one job to go to the next (or to school in November even.)
I still haven't told the company I'm going to take it yet. I just received an e-mail from them this morning and they told me I am their preferred choice and are waiting on a 'yea' or 'nay' so they can tell the runner ups what they need to.
It's kind of scary, it's a toooootally different atmosphere and I've never worked in a place like this. It's quiet and professional. Everyone is dressed nicely in their skirts or dress pants so that will be a huge change for me. But I like the hours (8:30 to 4:30) -- they're not too early and not too late. It's perfect.
I'm always afraid of making a total ass out of myself when it comes to new jobs. You don't know where anything is or how to do anything but I just have to remind myself that it doesn't matter WHERE you start working that is going to happen. It'll take a week or two to adjust and it should be fine.
It's kind of exciting, but I think I'm more nervous than anything.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YAY CONGRATS!!! I'm so gald you were finally able to find some work! We can send each other cute emails from our work addresses and pretend we are big time professionals!
If you need any formal work apparel you know who to ask ;)
danielle took the words right out of my mouth!
Congrats Marlee :)
Awe Thanks ladies! I am going to ask them what the office attire is but everyone was dressed up so I am assuming it's a professional place! I won't be on a computer much for awhile, I'm starting off more in the back just organizing everything and occasionally doing reception if someone is sick or something, but ONE DAY MAYBE! :) If I need some attire I'm getting ahold of you two haha I might need a couple blouses or something
Congrats on the new job! I'm glad you found something!
Your mom has discovered your blog after checking out smellydanielly, how cool am I? I know what you are thinking, too cool.
There are no dumb questions at a new job, especially about photocopiers, they are like aliens from another planet.
hahahaha Hi Mom!
You're going to do GREAT!
Welcome back to the world of the working ... wow, now that I think about it, are you sure? ;)
Hugs!
Post a Comment