Give this a listen and I'll share why:
At city centre 9 pm
Just like you wrote
And I try to think about
Snow coming in
Just like before
I will be on stand-by
It's time to choose sides now
That's what you said
When we talked on the phone
So white our eyes
You are still
Are you paralyzed
Releasing the vapour
Into the lung
Letting the wings unfurl
And for a moment I feel young
I call on the bird
Unfurl
It's time to choose sides now
That's what you said
When we talked on the phone
So white our eyes
You are still
Are you paralyzed
Sometimes I hear songs that I know would fit a scene in a movie so perfectly, and I secretly wish I could create that scene. I envision the non-existent scene with music playing in the background. This song to me is perfect for a passionate yet dark love scene.
Passionate yet dark. The singers voice has the perfect tone to it to set the mood for the scene I play out in my head.
Listen to the song while you read the rest.
This is what I picture when I listen to this song:
There is a man. He's dark, tall, mysterious. He's married a woman, but it's not the woman he should have married. Instead he meets a woman who he falls madly in love with, the one he should have married and has instant regret about his entire marriage. He struggles and is consistently fighting himself, trying not to go near her but he can't resist. He acts on his love for her... he meets with her. His wife is at home laying on the couch reading a book.
He knocks on his true loves door and she lets him in. It's pouring rain outside. He's soaking wet and can't resist any longer. He grabs her and kisses her passionately while he steps inside. He kicks the door closed behind him.
**The scene quickly flashes to a bright dream like scene of his wife sitting at home with her book on a white couch.**
He picks her up and she wraps her legs around him, he makes his way to her bedroom and they drop to the bed, all the while still kissing her. She peels his wet t-shirt off and strokes his chest with her hand. She keeps her legs wrapped around him and he stands up and leans her against the wall -- knocking over everything in their path.
**It flashes back to his wife, turning the page of her book.**
He kisses his true love even harder, with more passion than he's ever given his wife. The scene keeps getting more intense and they begin to strip each others clothes off. She finally takes control, while still kissing him she moves him to the bed. They're naked now and she gets on top of him. She grabs hold of the headboard. The sex is slow but there's an intensity and fire inside of them that neither can resist.
**Flash back -- His wife turns another page, but suddenly stops what she's reading. She looks up as if she has sensed what her husband is doing. She takes a sip of water and silently reassures herself. She looks at her left hand and touches her rings, then goes back to her reading and turns yet another page.**
The other woman has arched her back, holding onto the headboard. They're sweaty and breathing heavily. Her hip bones dig into his palms as he holds her waist. She bites her lip and they slowly come to a stop. The breathing is still heavy but is starting to slow.
As they finish and she drops to his side he kisses her again. He lays there motionless with her, skin on skin. His hand wrapped around hers, his lips near her neck. He's whispering to her, as he whispers his lips brush the skin on her neck. He feels no regret for his actions.
In between words he kisses the back of her neck. He's touching her everywhere, in a way he would never touch his wife. The woman is smiling, as if she's finally got what she wanted. She doesn't care that she's now part of a broken marriage. She doesn't know who his wife is, and she doesn't care.
** It flashes back to his wife. She looks up to see the time. She stares blankly at the white faced clock, and as she reads the time a tear rolls down her cheek. -- She knows, and she has known all along. -- **
**The song slowly comes to an end while it flashes back and forth between the man and his wife. She sobs with her head in her hands knowing it's over, and him -- he is content.**
Yes it's a passionate love scene, but the sadness of the song fits perfectly with the sadness of what he's doing to his wife, the sadness of how he is ruining his marriage with every move he makes.
I love that music can be used to connect you with the raw emotions that would be felt in that scene should it ever be a real life situation. I love giving moments a soundtrack, whether those moments are real or not, whether they're the saddest things ever or the happiest. I think every memorable moment, good or bad, should have a song to be played along side of it.
Just like you wrote
And I try to think about
Snow coming in
Just like before
I will be on stand-by
It's time to choose sides now
That's what you said
When we talked on the phone
So white our eyes
You are still
Are you paralyzed
Releasing the vapour
Into the lung
Letting the wings unfurl
And for a moment I feel young
I call on the bird
Unfurl
It's time to choose sides now
That's what you said
When we talked on the phone
So white our eyes
You are still
Are you paralyzed
Sometimes I hear songs that I know would fit a scene in a movie so perfectly, and I secretly wish I could create that scene. I envision the non-existent scene with music playing in the background. This song to me is perfect for a passionate yet dark love scene.
Passionate yet dark. The singers voice has the perfect tone to it to set the mood for the scene I play out in my head.
Listen to the song while you read the rest.
This is what I picture when I listen to this song:
There is a man. He's dark, tall, mysterious. He's married a woman, but it's not the woman he should have married. Instead he meets a woman who he falls madly in love with, the one he should have married and has instant regret about his entire marriage. He struggles and is consistently fighting himself, trying not to go near her but he can't resist. He acts on his love for her... he meets with her. His wife is at home laying on the couch reading a book.
He knocks on his true loves door and she lets him in. It's pouring rain outside. He's soaking wet and can't resist any longer. He grabs her and kisses her passionately while he steps inside. He kicks the door closed behind him.
**The scene quickly flashes to a bright dream like scene of his wife sitting at home with her book on a white couch.**
He picks her up and she wraps her legs around him, he makes his way to her bedroom and they drop to the bed, all the while still kissing her. She peels his wet t-shirt off and strokes his chest with her hand. She keeps her legs wrapped around him and he stands up and leans her against the wall -- knocking over everything in their path.
**It flashes back to his wife, turning the page of her book.**
He kisses his true love even harder, with more passion than he's ever given his wife. The scene keeps getting more intense and they begin to strip each others clothes off. She finally takes control, while still kissing him she moves him to the bed. They're naked now and she gets on top of him. She grabs hold of the headboard. The sex is slow but there's an intensity and fire inside of them that neither can resist.
**Flash back -- His wife turns another page, but suddenly stops what she's reading. She looks up as if she has sensed what her husband is doing. She takes a sip of water and silently reassures herself. She looks at her left hand and touches her rings, then goes back to her reading and turns yet another page.**
The other woman has arched her back, holding onto the headboard. They're sweaty and breathing heavily. Her hip bones dig into his palms as he holds her waist. She bites her lip and they slowly come to a stop. The breathing is still heavy but is starting to slow.
As they finish and she drops to his side he kisses her again. He lays there motionless with her, skin on skin. His hand wrapped around hers, his lips near her neck. He's whispering to her, as he whispers his lips brush the skin on her neck. He feels no regret for his actions.
In between words he kisses the back of her neck. He's touching her everywhere, in a way he would never touch his wife. The woman is smiling, as if she's finally got what she wanted. She doesn't care that she's now part of a broken marriage. She doesn't know who his wife is, and she doesn't care.
** It flashes back to his wife. She looks up to see the time. She stares blankly at the white faced clock, and as she reads the time a tear rolls down her cheek. -- She knows, and she has known all along. -- **
**The song slowly comes to an end while it flashes back and forth between the man and his wife. She sobs with her head in her hands knowing it's over, and him -- he is content.**
Yes it's a passionate love scene, but the sadness of the song fits perfectly with the sadness of what he's doing to his wife, the sadness of how he is ruining his marriage with every move he makes.
I love that music can be used to connect you with the raw emotions that would be felt in that scene should it ever be a real life situation. I love giving moments a soundtrack, whether those moments are real or not, whether they're the saddest things ever or the happiest. I think every memorable moment, good or bad, should have a song to be played along side of it.
2 comments:
Marlee this is awesome.
So what I do too.
You're awesome.
i'd ask questions, but this is not the place to do it...
Post a Comment