Imagine you wake up. You're doing the dishes. You notice you have a lot of yellow plates but you haven't seen much of the blue plates. You look in the cupboard and you notice you have one in there, and only one in the dish rack. There are no dishes anywhere else in the house. There's no blue plates in the fridge, no blue plates left in the living room, no blue plates in the bedrooms. Hmm, definitely no blue plates in the bathroom.
Where oh where could my other blue plates be?
Oh that's right. They get taken out of the house without me fucking knowing.
Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of dishes... at least 20 large plates. More than enough for two people. But we only use 8 of those 20 plates and keep the rest in the top of the cupboard. It's not like I don't have other plates I could use, it's just the concept of it all.
Again, probably seems ridiculous, but 98% of the dishes in this house, are mine. Bought with my own money or given to me as gifts over the years. Do I enjoy when they go missing? Not really. How about paper plates? We have some of them if you're going to take baking to school or food to school or to a friends house or WHATEVER.
I don't care what the scenario is. I'm not actually a major nazi when it comes to my shit, I don't mind people borrowing my things, so long as I know first. Tell me where my stuff will be so I know, and can make sure it is returned.
I have no idea when my plates will come back. No idea where they are or if they were broken or what. If they were dropped and broken, no big deal, shit happens. But tell me so I know.
Go ahead and take them to school or to a friends or whatever. Just leave a note saying 'Hey Mar, I'm taking a few plates to school.'
Cool. I'm fine with that. But not knowing and then finding out just irritates the shit out of me.
I'm lenient with everything. Need to borrow something of mine to make your dinner? Go right ahead I don't have a problem. If you've asked I will most certainly say yes unless I specifically need that item that day and it's the only one in the house.
Need to use my hair straightener, hair products, or want to use some of my makeup? Fly atter, I don't mind. Want to borrow a pair of my shoes? Go ahead, as long as I'm not wearing that pair that night you can go right ahead. In fact most of those things I don't care if they're used even without being asked first. They're minimal items basically.
But with most stuff if it is being taken out of the house, just ask me if I'm here, or leave me a note or send me a text if I am not. Is that so much to ask? Really? Is it?
In the end, it's a couple plates not the end of the world. But it's my shit and I appreciate the courtesy of at the very least, letting me know that you're going to use them elsewhere.
Sigh.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
its tough when some people just dont have common sense. and you're too nice and have manners stopping you from really telling them how you feel.
Post a Comment