Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mountain Shadow Shittiness


Last night was hockey night at the Mountain Shadow. Worst service ever. I will never go back there for any sporting event ever again. The food was the shits, the service was terrible. Just all together a bad night. They were definitely under staffed and ill-prepared.


Pat gave us gifts from Vegas. He gave me an apron because I am marrying Dario and will need it apparently. We'll see as I may just be the one who wears the pants... but yeah sadly, the apron too.



Today was a really good day. I went to Dario's place this afternoon and washed my car inside and out. I missed a couple spots since I hate hand washing cars. I would much rather be at a car wash with a pressure washer and a scrub brush. It would probably help with cleaning the roof also. The inside of my car is now vaccummed and armour-alled but man do the seats and carpets need to be washed. There's been a lot of spills and it's pretty gross. But none the less the car is actually free of dirt and crap.

I invited my friend Mark over for dinner. I had planned to feed three people but Dario ended up skipping out so I replaced him with Krystal. There was still an entire half a loaf of garlic bread left over. I won't lie, I could probably eat it by the time morning comes.

While I was washing my car I got a phonecall from my dad. My stepmom finally has an appointment booked with a specialist for May 1st. My dad told me it was a Friday so I said "oh okay well Dario will be working but maybe I'll take a drive up to Kamloops for the day and meet you guys there!" ... Turns out the doctor she is actually seeing is in Richmond so now they will be coming down here for a night! I'm extremely excited since I haven't seen either of them since Christmas, but also because my parents and Dario's parents will finally meet. It's almost impossible to plan a meeting when my parents live 10 hours away and never come down here. They'll get here around lunchtime on the 1st, and will be leaving first thing in the morning the next day. My little brother and sister will be at home by themselves and my dad has to go back to work so they can't stay too long. We're going to plan to go out and have a nice dinner though so that will be awesome! I can hardly wait!

I heard back from a girl who was thinking about moving in with me. It won't be happening now since one of her friends also wants to move down here so they're going to find a place together. Surprisingly I'm not bummed or worried about the situation. I will just repost my craigslist ad and keep looking. I'm a little shocked that it's not freaking me out or overwhelming me with stress, but I kind of figured she would jam out anyways so I didn't put too much hope into it to begin with.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. It's gym day and possible plans with Rachel and the kids. I'm going to make a salad or something for hockey night at the Ciavarro's (minus Danielle) and marinate a couple steaks to bring as well assuming Chad still wants to do that. So basically the day is filled with stuff.

I haven't spent nearly as much time at home lately and have slowly been finding more things to do. It's helping me keep my sanity. I haven't done much for wedding stuff either but I'm still way far ahead of the game so it's not a big deal. I have started putting together a list of bridal shops though so I suppose that counts for something. When I know more of what sort of situation I will be in come the middle of May then I will go ahead and make some appointments at a few shops. Until then not much to do for wedding crap.

Once July hits Dario's family will have met most of my family -excluding my two brothers and stepdad - but at least they'll have met the majors.

Now it's time for bed.

2 comments:

leasha said...

we are not allowed to wash our cars unless we are at a car wash.... we are on water restrictions because we are in the middle of a drought... it totally sucks!

Dario said...

Oh man leasha, that 15 minute shower i took last night was GLORIOUS... ;)