Friday, March 13, 2009

My hair is the longest it's been in years

I are having trouble sleeping because I feel really poopy. Which is really lame. My house is also freezing. I once stood on a chair to check the heat vent to see if any heat actually came out of it or not... it does not. My room is the coldest room in this entire house.

Tonight we had dinner with the guy Dario's mom was stalking on facebook. He turned out to be a very young (24) distant relative who is just finishing becoming a doctor in genetics. His sister is a physiotherapist, and his brother has just started studying engineering. Smart family much?? haha. Dinner went well though and wasn't awkward. It was really interesting seeing the connections that Teresa is finding between all the Perizzolo's she's managed to hunt down. She has a book full of old documents and family tree stuff and it was actually pretty neat. He tried to claim that his english was very poor and that he was embarrassed to speak it when he would get here, but according to Dario he spoke better english than I do. Not surprising, I have a really weird thing where I always combine two sentences or words together by accident and it makes one really retarded sounding sentence or word.

It all made me a little curious about the history of my family, so I e-mailed my gramma to ask her what her siblings and parents names were, as well as her grandparents and anything else she may know about... I also asked her about my grampa's side of the family since I don't know anything about his side either. I know that my gramma's parents came to Canada from Norway (or Norwegia as I once accidently called it) when my gramma was quite young. I didn't even know that until this past year. It's all really interesting though, my grampa's decent was scottish and my gramma's is norwegian so I am curious to learn about it. I will ask my mom the same things but something tells me that she won't know too much about her family's history either. No one in her family really keeps in touch.

I just got this e-mail from a friend in Victoria:

Hey there miss lady
I'm coming to van temporarily on April 7 and the 15. Flights to and from peeg. I can't remember the flight times but if they're needed I can get them.

Also dude if your busy don't worry it will always give me another excuse to come to van
Love love love

PS jaelas toothbrush sounds like a shitty vibrator

haha I love that she felt the necessity to tell me about her roommates toothbrush. So random but quite funny.

I don't have a lot to say. I definitely don't have any pictures. I haven't used my camera in quite a long time now and I still haven't blogged about Patz birthday at the cambie.

I feel I'm a little past due but I will say that it was one of the funnest Cambie night I've experienced since living here. There were a couple of old guys being weird creepers at the end of the tables... Danielle got hit on while sitting RIGHT next to Chad and when she pointed out that she hadn't noticed this creepy guy because her husband was sitting right next to her, the guy got all nervous and mumbled some apologies and then left. I had some guy come up to me and tell me I had beautiful hair-do which is a REALLY odd compliment for a guy to say to a girl. Needless to say I didn't even turn to see the guys face when he was talking to me so I don't even have a clue what he looked like. And after all that another guy attempted to strike up a conversation with me, which would have been fine if he had stayed on the other side of the table... but he managed to nudge his way in beside me and let's just say I thought Dario was going to kill him. It was really funny. I pointed out that I was engaged and the guy tried to apologize to Dario and tried to shake his hand, so Dario ended up squeezing the guys hand really tightly to make a point haha. Dario didn't care that this guy was trying to pick me up or that we were having a conversation, but he was watching us so that if I gave him any sort of indication that I was getting creeped out then Dario would "politely" punch him in the face basically.

All in all, hilarious night. Pat was wasted, I'm sure now that he's past 25 years of age that he had a nasty hang over the next morning. Not to mention he got his drink on pretty good. We had dinner at the Ciavarro's before hand... a bring your own meat barbeque and Danielle made delicious potato wedges and green beens and my new fave salad with pine nuts and I think blue cheese and stuff. It was damn tasty.

Yes I do realize that my telling of the story is completely out of sequence but for some reason when I recap things I never put them in order.

I didn't bring my camera as I was out all day and then plans changed. I was going to go home after dinner to change and then pick up Ellie, but then Ellie decided not to come since no one wanted her to skytrain it out to surrey at that time of the morning and she didn't want to crash at my place, and then we left right after dinner... so I was totally overdressed for the cambie as per ushe. and camera-less. It's okay though because Danielle and Pat got some great pictures.

Tomorrow I feel the urge to make bannock. It's indian bread and it's fattening, greasy, and so good. There is a technique involved in the process, which I'm sure will come back to me when I start doing it. It's been many years since I've made bannock but I could definitely go for some. I wish I had some homemade jam to go with it though. My carriere teacher in elementary school used to make her own rhubarb jam and then we'd have hot straight out the oil bannock and slather it with rhubarby goodness, and man... heart-attack just waiting to happen but SO good. I should make some for everyone one day, you italians make your crostoli, us whitey's from a native town make bannock.

That's all.

1 comment:

Ophelia Mourne said...

yea, Dario isnt the type o' guy that looks nice and accepting, he's big and scary lol
but really really nice if you know him in person. and if you're a girl.

I'd be afraid if I was a dude lol