Monday, March 16, 2009

Midnight Monday Post

It's officially Monday morning. 3 minutes past anyhow...

Today was a rather busy day. I didn't get much sleep last night but woke up at 20 to 8 to go to church. After that was over Dario and I went to Chad and Danielle's place so Dario could finish patching/stuccoing the hole in their wall from removing the old air conditioner, while Danielle and I went to Ikea. Oh the things I could buy in Ikea!

After Danielle bought what would be a 2 year supply of candles for the average family and my garlic press, we went back to their place for a bit. Finally it was time to take off so I could go home and have a bite to eat and grab some cash to play tombola and head back to Dario's where we all met up around 2.

As suspected my usual McConnell luck kicked in. My family never wins such gambling games etc, I swear it's a gene we have or something but the game was entertaining and at least it helped me a bit with learning numbers in Italian!

We had a big dinner with amazing garlic toast and cheese toast **yummy** and somewhere in the day I snuck 10 bucks into Danielle's coat pocket since she was refusing to let me pay her back since she paid for my damn garlic press! However when she put her coat on later she did what I figured she would and put her hand in her pocket and found the 10 bucks. She was a little confused for a second but I couldn't help but laugh and I was officially busted. So she threw my 10 dollars at me and refused to let me pay her. I tried to give it to Chad but he refused to take it since he had no idea what it was even for. While he was busy talking to Danielle though I slipped it into his coat pocket without him even noticing, and as soon as I knew they'd officially driven away I texted Danielle to tell her I win haha. Chad was slightly creeped out that he didn't notice me putting it in his pocket considering he was wearing the jacket! I'd like to think I'm rather sneaky. Either way, it worked out as I sort of planned!

I left around 8 or so and came home. I felt really achey today in my legs which was weird, and I was sneezing a lot which was also weird. The other day I had a sore throat and I'm really tired, so my body is clearly trying to fight something from contaminating it. I called my dad at about 8:30 and no one answered so I actually got ready for bed and had just laid down when my dad called me back at 9. It was weird though because in that half hour time frame I started feeling really pukey sick and feverish and even more achey. I talked to him for a couple minutes but told him I wasn't feeling too well and would let him go. He didn't object since he's had some crazy flu cold for 3 weeks now and sounds like complete shit.

As soon as I got off the phone I threw up. I don't know what the deal was but I'm obviously coming down with something. I feel better right now, like not pukey sick anymore but still really achey so I've taken some nyquil in hopes that it'll take care of that and I can crawl back into bed and sleep. I tried to go to sleep after I puked but after 2 hours of trying I felt like I was getting more and more awake instead of more and more sleepy.

Oh well. Now I'm just waiting for this all to kick in and I will hopefully get a good nights sleep. I have plans for tomorrow of what to do with the day. I have to drive out to the shop to pick up my record of employment so that I can file for EI (hopefully anyhow). I have to make a birthday card for my little brother as well as I have to get one more small thing for him and mail him his gift. I also have to mail back the other bridesmaid dress to my friend Megan since her MOH is now pregnant and needed the bigger size. Luckily I hadn't returned it yet.

I have to do my taxes soon. I owe this year so that is lamooo. It's only a little bit but it's all due to EI. Every year I always find a free online tax thing and fill it out to see how much I will get back or how much I owe, but I never file it because I never know if I'm doing it right. Then I usually take it to someone else to do for me so that the filing process goes through. I tried to file one year myself and a few months later I still hadn't seen any money from them and I guess nothing went through yadda yadda. So I've given up!

I figure I'll get up no later than 8:30 so that I can keep a regular sleeping pattern. Eventually I'll peter out and start falling asleep at a regular hour again!

Since the few things I have planned won't take long to do and I'm not sure how things are going to work out with EI I will be spending some time sending out resumes through craigslist. I've officially decided that it is time for me to quit my job and find something easier. I don't think there is any point fighting it anymore, my body can't keep up with this job and as much as I feel like I'm going to let my bosses down by quitting I just have to remind myself that I'm only making it worse for myself at this point. I let them down just as much by not showing up regularly as I do by quitting so they can at least hire someone else more reliable. It will be a difficult thing I know, and it's scary as hell but I know that this is just something I am going to have to do. It will make mine and Dario's lives a lot less stressful knowing that I at least have a job that I can go to every day. I'm unsure of what I will end up doing, I'm looking for a receptionist position but it will end up being something introductory since I don't have the experience, but hopefully I can find something closer to home. At least then my gas costs will go down so even if I make less than I do at the shop I'll still be pretty much even. I just want to get things back to a more normal routine. I know that missing work is the main stress so if I can eliminate that it will make everything a whole lot easier to deal with so I don't have anymore melt downs like I did on Friday. Friday was just a bad day all together.

I went birthday shopping for Josh on Saturday but really wasn't feeling up to the mall that day. I did stop into that "Change" bra place though and managed to find 2 nice new bras. I walked in there and she told me that they had every size from 28A to 42H or some crazy shit like that, it was insane. It was nice though that it wasn't a struggle to find my size. She did a proper fitting and came back with about 10 different bras to try on within minutes. I've never had that happen! Believe me when I say that it is so hard to even find a 32 inch ANYTHING let alone when you combine it with one of the larger cup sizes. I do recommend going there if you're a bustier girl and have trouble finding stuff that fits you properly! Their stuff was really cute and it's no more expensive than la senza and appears to be better quality too.

I suppose that's all I've got for now. The simpsons are on tv so I figure I'll lay down and hopefully by the end of the episode I will be ready for sleepy time!

I am hoping for some good luck in making some pretty big changes.

No comments: