Re Sigh. (chinese accent)
I had to turn down a job today. Work has been busy these last few weeks but our big rush job is finished and so things are slowing down again. I decided I was going to go out on the weekend and look for a part time job for a couple hours during the evenings and maybe a day on the weekend or whatever. Much to my surprise I ended up finding one. I happened to go to a salon at the right time I guess and they have a girl leaving on the 12th. She worked 2 sometimes 3 evenings a week, from 5-9 and then usually 6 hours or so on Sunday. It was perfect hours, and would have been a perfect job.
Of course there had to be an inconvenience though.
I go to the doctors in 2 weeks to book surgery. I called today to find out a ballpark date of when I would be going in and they told me early to mid May. I know it's not that soon, but who wants to start a new job then a month and a half later be like 'oh hey I'm not gonna be here for 2 weeks...'
Since work is slowing down again it means there's going to be a lot of clean up happening. The problem with that is it's one of the most physical things to do there because you shovel steel chips, dust, leftover chunks/crops of steel etc all day long. By the end of the day I'm usually done for and cramps set in and quite often I'm out for a few days afterwards. It's just one of those things that right now I can't physically handle. Hence getting the surgery... to hopefully solve this whole problem.
If we start doing a lot of clean up there is the possibility that I am going to start missing time from work again. For now I have decided to push myself to my absolute thresh hold to go even on the days I feel like I can't. I talked to my boss today though and I will be taking a lay off before the surgery some time. Probably 3 maybe 4 weeks before it. The reason being is because I'm already struggling just doing a normal day to day thing, and if it's slow then it's not the end of the world for me to take a lay off and get that rest that I need right now. Also if I start missing too much work then there's the possibility of not making enough to pay my bills. So if I take a lay off I can claim EI, make enough to pay my bills, still have a little bit left over, can rest, and then my EI will be in place before my surgery. I have to rest for 2 weeks before returning to work, but that is something I still have to discuss with my doctor. I'm sure most of their patients that have this surgery aren't in the steel trades so I don't know how long it will be before I can do my regular duties or if I'll have to be on light duty when I return after my 2 weeks. It will really all depend on how I feel obvs. and I was told usually a week recovery but they tell you to take 2 since some people are slow healers.
The reason why I had to turn down the part time job at the salon was because I can't claim EI if I have any source of income. Although I could manage working at the salon even in the recovery process I'm sure, I can't manage working at the shop which means I wouldn't be able to make enough money to pay my bills... so the lay off is my best option.
I felt really bad when I had to call the guy at the salon to tell him, he definitely didn't sound impressed when I said I would have to refuse. I really was looking forward to it and I thought it was going to be so much fun, but unfortunately the timing just isn't the best.
So after my surgery/healing process I am going to get back out there and see if I can find something like that again. It was a great opportunity but ah well, when shit happens it happens right? I will say though that I was really excited even just at the thought of being in a salon for a few nights a week. It would be so great to meet new people, and be surrounded by something I love. Also, it wouldn't kill me to have the chance to make some new girlfriends since I never get that opportunity. I won't lie, I'm starting to tire of all the testosterone I'm surrounded by on a daily basis. I have never worked in a job that has even half girls and half boys. For the last 3 and a half years I have worked with MAAAYBE 6 girls. That is a lot of cock to work around for that length of time. Ugh.
Anyways... I don't know what I'm going to have to do yet. I will have the laparoscopy and if I'm still having pain afterwards then I will probably look into getting an IUC/IUD. It terrifies me though more than the thought of surgery because they put that stupid thing in you while you're still awake apparently. They make you take muscle relaxants and pain killers for a week before your appointment, and then yeah... let's just say it's EXTREMELY unpleasant and I'd rather have surgery than have that done.
Either way at least things are going somewhere. Hopefully after the surgery this won't be an inconvenience in my everyday life for at least a few more years, it would be nice if this could fix it permanently.
I think my biggest fear right now is that I'm gonna go in there, have the surgery, and they won't find out whats wrong. Definitely my biggest worry. Oh well. 2 more weeks until my appointment, and then I'll probably work for another week or two after that depending on when the surgery is and how my body is feeling. If I'm finding I'm exhausted and sore all the time, I'll take the lay off, if I find I'm doing alright then I might just work right up to the surgery. Who knows. Time will tell. I will be put on a short notice list as well so if someone scheduled for a C-section ends up having her baby before her booked surgery, then they can slip me into her spot instead of having to wait.
It's my little brothers 16th birthday soon. I am not entirely sure of what to get him but I know he wants a t-shirt that says "vote for pedro" on it. He is still in love with Napoleon Dynamite apparently but that's cool. Also I was thinking of burning him a cd or two or three or however many, and writing him a letter. I haven't had a chance to say to him what I want to or feel the need to and so I thought maybe some good tunes and nice letter would be nice.
Last night I went to bed at 8:30 the new time. I was dead to the world by quarter to 9. I had a great sleep and actually felt good when I woke up this morning.
I had taco's for dinner tonight. I was supposed to make some sort of chicken/rice/chickpeas/saffron/peppers/tomatoes dish... it's all in one big pot and it sounded delicious. As I went grocery shopping though I realized that for a stupid thing of saffron they wanted 13 bucks (are you for real?) and so I opted for a currey spice instead and figured I'd substitute the saffron. And yesterday I spaced and took out burger before I even did the meal planning so needless to say I had to use it up since it was already thawed.
I haven't looked at wedding stuff in quite a few days. Maybe even a week or so. I basically haven't had the time or felt the need to even think about it. Perhaps when I take a lay off I'll do some more planning since I'll have some more time on my hands.
Saturday night we celebrated Patz 25th birthday at the Cambie with the crew! It was a hilariously entertaining night and deserves it's own blog. A blog in which I feel I'm not in a happy/bouncy enough mood to write just yet. The events of the evening need be expressed with FULL happy emotion fun in order for it to be blog-worthy... otherwise it'll just be some kind of monotonous sounding night which it was definitely not.
I am going to go to bed now though. I'll write tomorrow and steal peoples pictures to discuss the cambie night. I didn't bring my camera. I'll explain that later.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I reaaaaaally hope everything goes well with this surgery. It sounds like you have a good plan.
Post a Comment