Friday, March 6, 2009

Bring on The Weekend!

I received my grades today. I'm curious as to whether or not I can apply for my apprenticeship incentive grant yet. I am tempted to try. It says on my form that I need to pass my 3rd and 4th year of schooling... pass the inter-provincial test (red seal) and complete 4692 more hours of work before I will be a certified steel fabricator.

If I were to work a full 40 hours a week it will take 2.25 more years to complete those hours. I guess that's not so bad. It sounds like way more when you say "4692 HOURS of work." I guess you don't realize how many hours you work in a year. I actually need less than that though because this was last updated July 22nd 2008. Which my company probably updated or signed off on my hours when they received my grades from school. So I'll probably get another update whenever my company receives my grades and signs off on how many hours I've completed since then. Probably not that many since I've missed so much damn time. But oh well, none the less I'm looking at less than 2 years to complete everything if I want to.

I just sat down and figured out some of my finances. I've been so off track lately... again. It's easy to fall off the wagon I guess. Saving money is like dieting and going to the gym... It's hard to stick to!

I'm pretty sure I just received the grossest email of my life. Sent to me via my lovely mom. It's two guys in a shower after a football game, and the one guy is sick with a cold... so he goes to sneeze but shoots a stream of diarrhea all over the other guy in the shower... and then the other guy procedes to puke his guts out... and the sick guy says, "Like you've never been sick before!!" ... Like seriously mom, was that necessary to send me? I sent it to Dario. I spare him nothing when I have to see things like that without any warning. I feel it's only right to share my disgust with the man I love... afterall, when you love someone aren't you supposed to share everything with them?? Or are their rules to that? Hm. Oh well!

I'm going to fill out my incentive grant forms tonight. Pretty exciting Friday night wouldn't you agree?? Oh and I finally fixed my hair. There's one little spot in my bangs that still has a tiny hint of grey, but luckily it's underneath everything so it's not so noticeable. Aside from that the rest is gone as far as I can tell. It's good and fried now but hopefully after a few deep conditionings it'll be alright again. I think I look weird cause I'm not used to seeing light hair on me. It's been awhile.

I don't have to work tomorrow, so I am going to use the day to my advantage. I feel I should clean my car out. I haven't done so since last summer I believe. I think I've only ever washed my car and vaccuumed/windexed/armour all-ed everything 3 times. I seriously only recall 3 times. In 2 years. That's actually disgusting to think about. I guess I just don't prioritize it since I am always dragging dirt in there with my work clothes and everything else so it doesn't take long for it to get dirty again. Plus with being parked at the shop it if you don't have a coat of dust on your car and someone is painting outside, the paint particles go with the wind and stick to your cars paint. If there's a coat of dust then you're fine, but no dust, you = fucked.

Also I will be going to the mall to return a dress, mail another dress back up to Megan, and find my little brother a birthday present. For Christmas I got him a nice hoody and a t-shirt with a teddy bear being stabbed with a thumbtack. It's his new favourite shirt and apparently everyone he knows loves it and wants one. I wasn't sure if he'd want MORE clothes for his birthday but after I got off the phone with him I guess he told his mom he thought maybe a new shirt would be cool since he always likes what I find him. If only I knew how to dress myself then I'd be on a good start! I still don't really know how to dress my body or what looks good, and nor do I have the money to spend on it at all!

Of course tomorrow night is Pats birthday at the cambie so that will be taking up the evening portion of my Saturday. I have invited my friend Ellie (Jon with cancers girlfriend) to come along but I am not sure if she will be or not. Jon just had another brain surgery yesterday so if he's not doing well she'll be staying with him. He finally had his other three tumours removed and the doctors figure they got it all so that's one spot less to worry about. The big one too. Next up will be removing his testicular cancer I believe, and then after that he'll still have it in his lungs but I'm not sure how they go about doing that. He starts his second round of chemo on Monday so they might just be treating the lung cancer with the chemo for now, I don't know. Either way he's doing alright for now. He's sick of being sick and sick of the hospital but after this round is over he'll be able to leave the hospital so long as he feels okay. He got an infection and his white blood cells were doing really shitty so he wasn't allowed to have visitors or leave the hospital... as well as he had dislocated his shoulder and blah blah blah. So round one sucked basically.

Tomorrow is also my brothers dads funeral. So it's going to be a tough day back home for my family. I'm worried about what Josh will feel while he's there. It's going to be very sad but also very awkward for him since it's been a LONG time since he's seen or talked to anyone in his dads family. I guess it's been about 8 years since all of them saw him last. I hope it goes as good as it can go though.

Luckily Pats birthday will be a good night out to keep my mind off of the things happening at home so I'm not sitting at home worrying about everything. I've been alright the last few days and the stresses are starting to ease up a bit so that is nice.

I suppose today's blog is a boring blog, but none the less t'was my day/past few days. Time to go do some dishes and shower. I can't believe it's already 6 o clock... I don't even know if I'm going to be doing anything tonight or not.

No comments: