Monday, March 23, 2009

I Am A Terrible Decision Maker.

Hmm... I don't know how I feel about this damn invitation. I really like the original idea I had but it just ends up being way too expensive. The reason being is because it has 3 layers of paper and 4 brads per invitation. I haven't even began to think about what to do with the response cards yet.

So the first idea was vellum with the writing on it, attached to a shiny lime green cardstock with a brad in each of the 4 corners... and then to cover the brads I stuck that assembly onto a pink coloured shiny cardstock. It looked really nice but it increases the price quite a bit... aka another 35 bucks for the paper plus the cost of 520 brads... which is damn expensive. I can't find them anywhere for a decent price. So it would probably be another 100 bucks total for the extra materials to do the invitation that way.

So I decided to do just the vellum on the green paper and attach it with ribbon. It doesn't look horrible but I think it would look better on white paper than on vellum unless I go with a darker ribbon since the one I've picked is a little too sheer.

Oh sigh. There's so many options!! And I have no idea what to do.

I like the simplicity of the one with the ribbon. It looks great (I think) that it is so simple and basic. I just don't know what I should do for the ribbon or the colour. I could always change the colour of the ribbon, keep the vellum and just do a white ribbon, or change the paper to white instead of clear and use the same pink ribbon... OH DAMMIT I have to stop thinking! It is going to drive me nuts. It seems like such a stupid detail but for some reason when it comes to scrapbooking anything I always have to have things just right.

My laundry is ready to put another load in. The washer seems to take foreeeeeeeever. I almost feel like it takes longer than the dryer. It's odd.

Time to get back on my list of shit to do. I am not doing my taxes today. I remembered I have to pay this year, so I'm going to wait until the last possible moment to file them. Hah. No point in paying those bastards any sooner than I have to.

I still have to go for my walk/jog... whatever you want to call it. I will do so once I get a couple more loads of laundry done. Just so long as I'm home by 6ish so that I can get ready to watch Jon and Kate.

Obsessed much? I think so. But The Biggest Loser is on tomorrow night W00T and I'm looking forward to that probably more than Jon and Kate. Yes I'm a loser... I'm hooked on TV shows that really don't matter at all. Sadly I plan my monday and tuesday nights around them. I usually tell Dario that I won't see him on Mondays (cause all the shows I like right now are on on Mondays) and then I tell him I'll see him Tuesday but only if I leave/he leaves by 8pm so I can watch my show, or he has the choice to watch it with me. He chooses not to watch it with me haha, probably for good reason. It's unfair though as I put up with quite a lot of sports watching and he hardly ever puts up with my shitty shows that he hates. I don't know which one of us is smarter??

No comments: