My poor florist is probably going to go insane soon. I finally wrote down a list of what I'm going to need for flowers tonight...
Wanna know how ridiculous it is? Yeah. I need 1 bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 10 bouteniere's (groom, groomsmen, fathers, brothers, and MC,) 6 corsages (mother's and sisters,) 2 alter bouquets/assembly things, 1 tossing bouquet, and 30 centerpieces.
Rid-onk-u-lus.
I guess it's a good thing I wrote it all down. I don't know if the sisters/brothers will want to wear corsages and bouteniere's, for now I have them written down and I will ask them when I can to see if they want to or not. Then I'll get my final number from there... I don't have my stepdad included in there because well... he's the kind of guy you're lucky to get in a pair of dresspants and a nice shirt... I highly doubt you'll be able to get him into a suit. No lapel no bouteniere. That's my rule!
I started looking online for DJ's. I don't even know where to begin. How do you even know who's good and who's not? Gahd. Ah well. I'll look around for now and start getting quotes and see what I can find. I don't know what a good price is for a DJ but it scares me cause it'll probably be much more than I expect or feel is necessary since their job involves setting up some things and using a computer to change songs.
I'm a huge mind-changer when it comes to details like this sorta stuff. I'm trying to make up my mind now and then just leave that behind and move on to whats next. That way I don't have time to go back and change anything. With flowers alone I've already changed my mind 2 or 3 times on what I'm going to use. First I said no roses and now I'm going to have a few. (Just a few I promise.) ... none of the flowers are the same anymore as what I originally had in mind. But that's okay I like the new ideas better. Hopefully it's possible to do and stay on budget.
Invitations I'm still trying to figure out. I've got the wording figured out now. Now I might change the size a little bit and attach them differently. I really like what I've got going on right now, but Dario doesn't and it's quite costly to do it that way. So I'm going to figure out something else. I have an idea that I think will work well so now I'll get back on that again.
Our landlord fixed our toilet finally. The seal wasn't on properly so everytime you flushed it it would leak a little bit. Now we OFFICIALLY have a toilet that works the way it is supposed to. Apparently that is a hard task to complete around here but I'm glad it's finally done.
I have a shitty sunburn on my left cheek and left side of my neck. AKA my fancy welding burn. I forgot how much those stupid things sting. You touch it and you immediately regret your decision to do so. You can't even wash your face cause you feel like you're scrubbing off 8 layers of your skin. It's a really odd feeling. Along with that it makes your skin feel like leather, and it kind of wrinkles it a little. It's really weird. The only good thing is usually when I get these burns on my face or neck they don't peel, only when you get them on your arms it seems. So here's to hoping! If only it actually left a tan... I wouldn't even need the sun!
Aside from all that, not much is new. Jon is feeling a lot better and actually got to leave the hospital for a bit today. He didn't need his IV and went out to granville island for a big greasy burger haha. So I am very happy to hear that. He'll feel good for the next week and a few days then he'll be back to feeling crappy for his 2nd round of chemo. But at least he felt better shortly after and it only works out to be about 8 days of complete hell instead of all 21. After his next round he'll be allowed to leave the hospital to rest which is great. He hates the hospital, who wouldn't??
Danielle goes in for surgery tomorrow. I'm going to bring her something either while she's at the hospital or when she's at home... Depending on how she's feeling after the surgery. My friend had that same surgery done and I know she wasn't too into talking cause your throat hurts so bad afterwards... and she was really tired and still kinda sick feeling from all the anesthetic and morphine and stuff... so I'll be sure to ask Chad if she's up for Dario and I stopping by or not. I'm going to bring her something cute and soft. I fully expect to see her staples after the bandage comes off too. As much as it grosses me out it also fascinates me to see stuff like that. I'm weird I know, but I'll put money on it that Danielle's gonna love grossing people out with it!
It's off to bed for me cause tomorrow's going to be another very busy day. I'm going to phone the doctor tomorrow and book an appointment to go back and see her. It's looking like surgery may be my best option right now so I'll go see her in a couple months and discuss that with them. We'll see how it goes! Bed time!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment