Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another Day Down The Shitter

Today I'm in pain again. That would make for another day missed.

Work definitely has a lot to do with the extent of everything, so finding a new job may be something I'm going to have to think about. I hate to admit defeat but I felt a lot better when I wasn't working, and it's getting progressively worse again. Clearly there are things I do at work that just aggrivate whatever's going on and there's no such thing as light duty there. At some point or another you'll do at least a few things that involve heavy lifting of some sort.

I go back to the specialist for my "follow up" on March 26th... so a month. I'm hoping the pill will start working better to get through the next month, and then the doctor and I can start making a plan to get surgery. I don't really know what to do at this point but it's really frustrating. The surgery will confirm endometriosis, but also if they do find it, they will burn it off so it'll help relieve most if not all of the pain. They say it's about a week to two weeks of healing time (2 max for the slow healers) but if I'm continuing with this job I don't know how long it will take before I'll be back to my regular duties.

I just don't really know what to do at this point. I'm going to the lab in a bit here to get some blood tests run so the results will be back to my doctor in time for my next appointment. It's basically a test for a type of clotting disorder. The lesser of the two issues at hand I suppose. I could have two disorders or just one, so this test will help confirm that. Whoopy.

It's just getting really difficult to take so much time off from work when I know that my bosses don't exactly understand the extent of what's going on, or the seriousness of it.

I don't think it helps that given Jons condition I've become more aware of the harmful things I am around on a daily basis that puts my body at risk for similar diseases. Yesterday afternoon I had to help paint a conveyor... I wore my respirator but after the job was done and I took my respirator off I had two very dark green marks around my nostrils from where the paint was getting in my mask and being sucked into my nose. The point of a respirator is to avoid that from happening, but of course nothing is 100%. Again it makes me think back to every other time that's happened and the warning labels on the cans of paint. The chemicals in the paint and cleaners we use are very carcinogenic and stay in your body. It doesn't get filtered out and sticks inside your lungs and you cough it up over time, but there's still some that stays in there. Along with it being cancer causing it can also cause infertility. That is a huge concern as I want to have children one day. I've got enough problems that could interfere with that happening and I don't want to keep exposing myself to something like that.

Anyways... it's time to go to the doctors.

No comments: