Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hair is my Happy Place

I'm going to veer towards a happier post today. Try not to focus on those negatives.

Dario and I went for a walk at Queen Elizabeth Park early this afternoon. There were some really pretty spots that could work for wedding photos so of course I spent time focusing on that while Dario wandered and more so picked out pictures for the moment. It was a nice break though. I got chased by a mob of ducks, seagulls, and pigeons after feeding them some sunflower seeds. It was pretty funny. Dario looked up and I was walking towards him with a billion pissed off hungry birds RUNNING after me. I hadn't noticed till then and I looked back and saw them running. We later saw a sign that says not to feed the birds there... so that's probably why they were loving the food so much!

We went to Brentwood after that so I could go look at the puppies and the kitten they have there right now. It always makes me so much happier to be around cute things that love everybody. I also made sure I pointed out a few dresses that I liked that Dario didn't care at all for. Not so much "didn't care for them" but more so a "I don't give a shit about any dresses" in general. Clearly men are not excited by cute or pretty dresses.

After a quick stop at A&W to fatten ourselves up we picked up what we needed to get and left. We went back to his place so I could show him some wedding cakes that my cousin sent me and some that I liked. In fact I will post pictures of those so you guys can let me know which ones you like best. I'm torn on all of them.

Fave of this picture is the square 4 tier with the pink flowers... and the bottom left hand corner as well.


(I like the pattern on this one but not ALL the butterflies, it'd be cuter with less of them I think. Dario hates this cake.)



They're all pretty really. My cousin is making the cake so she's pretty excited. We figure we'll do a little bit of cake but mostly styrofoam so that she can have fun with it. She loves decorating stuff and is amazing at it (I've posted pictures of that one wedding cake she's done before) so I'm game for whatever she wants to do really. If she wants 4 tiers she can have her 4 tiers.

In other news I want to dye my hair back to blonde again. I've picked out three colours to choose from for now.

I really like the golden colour of Kate Hudsons hair. It is beautiful and perfect, but I also really like ashy tones as well. The second picture is closest to my natural colour but it can look very plain if not done properly so I might avoid getting that one. The third picture I really like as well so I'm torn for sure between the 1st and 3rd.

I always resort back to that third picture somehow. It always finds me and I always fall in love with it. Possibly because I have an obsession with short wavy blonde bobs. I donno. I'm pretty sure I've done all three of those colours at some point so it's whatevs. But last summers blonde was the Kate Hudson blonde and I did really love that colour. If I bleach my hair out now too it'll more than likely turn out golden colour since I have a red tinted brown in my hair right now and it's very possible it will show through. We'll see how it all goes. It's been 2 full months since I've dyed it and the last colour was a demi-permanent so that has washed out of the roots I had before that colour... so now I've got about 2 inches of grossy hair.

I just need to try to grow my hair out. I'm not sure what I want to do with it for the wedding but probs an updo so there's less fuss with it. I know a lot of people are gonna be like 'oo what'll she do what'll she do' but it's going to be very simple. That much I know for sure. Bridal hair is just, it's a classic thing really. There's just certain styles that are timeless and I'll probably choose one of those styles just so when I look at the pictures 20 years down the road I'm not like 'oh my god that is disgusting what was I thinking.' I'm also going to be blonde for the wedding so I'm closest to my natural colour. I really hate it when brides change everything about themselves and in the end it doesn't even look like them. I want to look like me, just a little bit prettier.

I suppose I should go to bed. I have to get up relatively early for church tomorrow. I was going to do some laundry before I left, but I think I'll just wait till after church.

3 comments:

Ophelia Mourne said...

Why do those wedding cakes look inedible?
They are pretty as ever, just dont look so yummy. Is it because they are Styrofoam and then you bust out the yummy regular looking cake for guests?

Im excited to see what you do with your hair :o)

Marlee said...

wedding cakes never taste great cause they're covered in fondent usually... which tastes like crap. Their main purpose is to look pretty and that's about all

Naomi said...

I like the top left corner in the first pic best too! I also like the last photo. My friend who got married this past summer had the poka dot cake. Those exact colors too. Her wedding was amazing!

Oh and I like the Kate Hudson hair color. I think it would look great on you