Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sleepy Days

I didn't get a whole lot of sleep over the weekend and my body is paying for it. I got a couple hours yesterday night and struggled to do anything. Needless to say I didn't make it to work. So yesterday I fought my body to stay awake and not nap, so that I could go to bed at a decent time last night and sleep well and be up for work today. I also decided I would take something to help me sleep. A good plan it seemed like, however it completely worked against me.

I made a quick supper last night, mostly so I could pack it for my lunch today, took a pill that makes me extra sleepy, and laid around waiting for it to kick in. By 9:30ish I went to bed and was out like a light instantly. I had my alarm set for 4:45 this morning. Seemed like I was going to get a good sleep and would be great to get up in the morning, but no. I woke up to my first alarm... took my birth control, pressed snooze and rolled back over. I always press snooze, usually 2 or 3 times every morning. But today, I don't know if it was just the effect of the pill still being in my system with a combination of hardly getting any sleep over the past few days, but I fell asleep so fast and so hard that I slept through all of my alarms after that. The problem with my alarm is it goes off for about a minute then "re-snoozes" so everytime it went off, I slept through it. I didn't wake up until nearly noon today. It was ridiculous.

I'm a little annoyed to say the least. So now tomorrow I will be making sure that I set TWO alarm clocks again and start forcing myself into the habit of getting out of bed at the first alarm.

I do that every now and again though after not getting much sleep for a few days/weeks. I finally crash good and hard and sleep for 14-16 hours straight sometimes. I've never been a good sleeper.

I need to have a shower now. Dario is making dinner tonight, however now I feel guilty and will probably tell him that I will cook since now I haven't done anything today and should at least make myself useful in some sort of way.

Work tomorrow. Work tomorrow. Work tomorrow.

I need to get out of this funk I'm in and get back to reality. Not now, but RIGHT now. Ugh.

1 comment:

aliciafashionista said...

boo to the winter funks
...everyone is so tired all the time lately!!! Not loving it!