2009 seems to be dishing out it's fair share of bullshit. I gotta say this crap run better end soon cause if the whole year ends up being like this I think I might just possibly go insane.
It's one thing after another. I cannot wait for it to end.
Today I was at home yet again. I went to see a chiropractor. Apparently my back is quite screwed up. I have a very large lump on my spine from tearing a ton of ligaments and muscles on the right side of my spine when I was in that accident 2 years ago.
I explained to him that every day I come home with a sore back. I knew my back was in rough shape but I felt like maybe I was just lifting too much at work but alas that is not the case. He explained to me that where your upper back meets your lower back, there is a transition in your spine. The shape of your vertibrae change and it is a main focal point of movement in your spine. My problem is where that particular spot is, when I was in that accident, my butt and legs stayed facing forward, and my spine bent directly to the left side of my body at that exact point where the vertibrae change shape. I remember actually feeling a crunch in my back. I missed a week of work because I could hardly move, went in on spark watch for a week (wasn't supposed to work that week at all either) and was on light duty for quite a long time after that. I guess I bent my spine so far to the left and with such a huge force that it tore all the ligaments and muscles on the right side of my spine in about a 5-6 vertibrae range.
I explained that I always have a sore lower to mid back, and my lower back pain usually radiates to the left and right side of my back... the right side is usually worse. I told him that the muscles just feel really tight and that I often find myself bending down to touch my toes to try to stretch them out. When he finally did the exam he noted that I have a slightly more curved spine but nothing major... but at the transition point I have a big lump which is all scar tissue and muscles and stuff. It was really weird because when he started to bend me certain ways I could actually feel the pains radiating from that particular spot. So he poked and prodded for a bit then put me in a really weird position and basically laid horizontally across me to put all his body weight in that spot to crack that area. It was really weird. I've never been to a chiropractor before but I definitely learned a lot. What I found strange is whenever I stand for a longer period of time (which in my world is about half an hour in the same spot) or if I sit in the same position for more than half an hour, my back starts to really bug me. But I guess it's because all of my body's weight in those positions puts pressure on that exact spot of injury. It was interesting to hear about.
My back is a little sore now, it's the same kind of sore that I come home from work with or wake up with, in the same spot so I know he found the spot that was bugging me. He figures after a few appointments and some proper stretching exercises that I'll notice a huge change in how poopy my back feels all the time. So I like that concept. However he doesn't figure my shitty back has anything to do with my cramps. But endometriosis can also cause lower back pain so if the pain continues after my injured spot is fixed, then I know it's a symptom of something else not the car accident.
Either way it felt good after I was done.
I made chili for dinner tonight. It's finally ready to eat so I'm going to have some before bed. I got a late start on it and since we were planning on stopping by to see Danielle I figured I'd just put it in the crockpot and eat when I got back home. Good old chili. It is quite possibly one of my favourite things to eat.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment