Monday, January 19, 2009

Yeah I'll take the Copper T 380A for 12 years please.

The day is over. It's getting late and I shouldn't be blogging but I don't really feel like doing my homework. I'm sure we'll be working on the same crap tomorrow. I did half a page and said "fuck it" and decided to just watch TV instead. I missed my friggen hair show, AGAIN. Not impressed.

I had my specialist appointment this afternoon and it went rather well. I am clearly becoming well adjusted to hearing somewhat bad news, either that or I've just prepared myself well enough to hear it that really I'm not all that upset. I think I'm just happy that I finally have some fucking options and know that I'm finally getting somewhere with it all.

The doctor sat down with me and asked me a million questions in regards to my family's medical history's (menstrual problems and any other health problems) and all of my symptoms etc.

I go for more blood work (when I make some more to get rid of again) to be tested for Von Willebrands Disease. It's some sort of clotting disorder that can cause easy bruising, nosebleeds, and heavy periods. I don't have nose bleeds but she thinks I could have two different disorders with my lady parts.

She came to the conclusion that I most likely have endometriosis. The only way of knowing for sure will be to have surgery. So I have to think about that option over the next little while. She did suggest that since I'm already off work that I do it sooner than later, but I just don't know yet. In the mean time I get to go on birth control attempt number 5. This one however is different. It's called "seasonale" and the difference is you take it for 3 months straight and then go off it for a week. So you get a period 4 times a year. If say, in the 3 months that I'm not getting a period, I don't experience a lot of spotting or keep getting periods while I'm taking it, then I will continue to take it for months on end and won't stop taking it until I feel like it basically. So I may not have a period for a year if I want, maybe 2, who knows... (Not such a bad thing in any girls world really. Or any mans for that matter I'm sure! hah. Eh Chad? No more fighting with "the yute.")

But yeah, so I try this for now. If it makes me feel better by 100% then I will continue this method of treatment. If in 3 months I am still experiencing pain then I will go in for surgery. My doctor wants me to consider that option just to know for sure whats going on inside me, and if they find endo lesions then they'll burn em off with a laser while they're in there.... but her philosophy is "if you find something that's making you feel better, then do you really need to have surgery just to know for sure??" Which makes sense.

I was given quite a few other options to look at also. One is an anti-inflammatory but first I gotta make sure it wasn't those that I was allergic to. Bad thing about this one, is you get to shove it up your ass. So I'm definitely not too intruiged by shoving anything up my ass. I guess if it helps, then whatever, but I just feel like that would be just as unpleasant as the cramps themselves.

Also theres an IUD (intrauterine device). Hahaha it's called the copper T 380A ... HAH. It's seriously a piece of copper tubing in the shape of a T that holds progesterone in it. You stick it up your hoo hoo (the doctors do of course, not you) and it's apparently really painful to put in but works like a frickin charm. It serves the same purpose as birth control, only costs about 60 bucks, and that good old copper T 380A can last for up to 12 years. Gross if you ask me but, whatever floats your boat. I was told it would be a "good option for me" but since I've never had kids or been pregnant than I guess it makes the procedure that much more painful.

Also if worse comes to worse I have two other options. Both = the shits entirely. One is a shot you take once a month, and it disconnects your brain from sending signals to your uterus, and vice versa. AKA your body thinks it's going through menopause. You go through "menopause" for 6 months or so (or until the symptoms start going away) and then you stop taking the shot and go back to normal. Now... correct me if I'm wrong but who the fuck wants to ever go through menopause in the first place? Let alone willingly!! This shot gives you the hot flashes, the cold sweats, the bitchiness, all that great glorious shit that comes along with menopause, so who would ever want to do that?! God. Aside from that I just don't feel comfortable putting my body through something like that when I still want to have kids one day.

Next up is danazol. A MALE hormone... somehow you take that and it makes you hairier and it deepens your voice so you basically start turning into a man. Somehow in amidst of you damn near growing a penis, it makes your periods better. I would assume because your body no longer thinks its a frickin woman. Thanks but I don't think I wanna be growing chest hair anytime soon.

Sigh. So those were a few of the options that she mentioned that I can remember. I don't quite know what to think right now. I'm stressed, but not really? I'm relieved if anything that at least I'm on a path where there's more options and it's being looked at more extensively. But at the same time, it's a little scary.

Aside from all that.... I just watched paranormal state for about 2 hours straight, and I'm the biggest wuss when it comes to scary movies/tv shows... and for some reason I'm hooked on this scary show about poltergiests and all that other scary shit... So I watched my show and I'm a little on edge now, and all of a sudden someone knocked on the door and Krystal is in bed. So I def. was not expecting anyone to be showing up. I was starting to think maybe it'd be some crazy serial killer who was gonna barge in and stab me to death.

Yes I'm THAT ridiculous after watching anything scary.

Turned out to be a friend of Krystals bringing her chicken noodle soup and some bread cause she's got a crazy ear infection thats throwing her balance all outta whack haha. She keeps walking into walls, it's kind of funny to watch. Poor girl.

And on a last note... my fish is going to die soon. He keeps swimming like a mad man into the rocks and side of the glass and goes nuts for awhile, then just stops moving all together, and he won't eat. I almost think he's gone blind or something though because even when I put krystals fish next to him he doesn't get all pissed off like he used to. Oh well I guess!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

As I wrote to Danielle... your two blogs make me feel so medically normal. I consider myself a medical mystery but you two literall are. Feel better xoxo

Shaz said...

Ok... considering I dunno the backstory of your lady pains, I'll just shoot my nerd mouth off and say the copper T thing reminds me of an episode of House where a nun comes in all rash-like and ends up being allergic to copper even after all those years of having a copper cross shoved up her vagoo.

Ooo, if you do the male hormone thing would you consider having a beard war with Dario?

Marlee said...

haha beard wars! Oh man that would be entertaining, but very very disturbing. I haven't seen that episode of house, but why the hell did the nun have a copper cross shoved up her vagine?

Shaz said...

It was the nunnery's (omg forgive me for not knowing the real word!) version of an IUD. The nun slowly got allergic to the copper over the years until she got extra exposure to some copper cooking pots and then typical House trauma (seizures, rashes, Lupus?) appeared.

...I memorize too much tv.

Smelly Danielly said...

HAHAHAHHA BEARD WARS. OMG you do not know how much I would pay to see that! Hahaha

Marlee said...

hahahaha you and me both cause it's never gonna happen! And I still don't get why a nun would need an IUD in the first place. If you're a nun you shouldn't be having sex, thus not needing an IUD. I just don't know. I have no idea how that all works, but oh that House guy, he is a genious!

Shaz said...

:( Now I want someone to have a beard war!