I should be sleeping by now but as usual for the past month I am not. This nocturnalism is getting on my nerves.
Last night was an experience in itself. My allergic reaction ended up worsening so I had Krystal take me to the hospital to get a couple shots. Luckily for me they do them in the arms now, so no ass shots for moi! I think the nurse was a little startled when I whined "Do I have to take them in the buuuumm?" haha. She informed me the good old bum shot is a little outdated and they can just give em both to you in the arm.
It was a really weird experience, like I said yesterday, I've only ever had an allergic reaction to something (outside of external allergies like cat hair and bubble bath) once before... but it was memorably one of the worst experiences of my life. It was HORRIBLE. I couldn't control the itching, my lips swelled up so bad that I looked like fuckin Angelina Jolie, and they STAYED swollen for about 2 days. It was a nightmare. On top of all of that, I was itchy everywhere, however there were two places in particular that were the worst, the first of which being my tongue, and the second of which being the palms of my hands. Those are like, the two places on your body that you cannot ever fully itch. Last time I had the reaction I was so itchy that I was biting my tongue continuously to scratch it, and ended up biting my palms because it was just pure madness. Oh yeah, and then add in the swelling throat that starts to restrict your breathing and you have a complete recipe for a near panic attack!
I never ended up finding out what it was I was allergic to that day. I hadn't eaten anything different, and I hadn't taken any sort of medication. So I never bothered with it.
However yesterday was different, because I had 3 things that were considered a factor. I had some crazy asian instant noodles that I'd eaten, but I ate those in the afternoon and my reaction started around 11 last night. So I ruled that one out. But at about 9 ish I had made myself a sandwich with a new type of turkey breast that I'd never tried before. Along with that sandwich I took some of the anti inflammatory my doctor prescribed.
Once I started recognizing what was going on as an allergic reaction I took a reactine. Luckily my roommate had a pack kickin around. It definitely didn't make anything better, but I think it helped it from getting any worse. My throat was swelling up quite a bit, and my tongue was a little swollen, but THANK GOD! my lips didn't swell up this time. I was ecstatic about that.
Basically my whole face was itchy. My scalp was so bad, then my eyebrow area, and then my eyes. Then the area around my nose, then my chin, then my neck and glands, then the back of my neck. Then of course came the palm and arm itchiness. By the time I got to the hospital I was beat red because I had been scratching so much. I got in quite fast and they asked some questions. They told me they were gonna give me a zantac to take, then they would give me a shot of benadryl, and a shot of epinephrine (adrenalin). I was told I'd have to stay there for awhile afterwards because the adrenalin makes your pulse go through the roof and I already had a pulse of 100bpm. But man was the adrenalin shot weird. Within a minute of getting the needles the itches were completely gone, and with in about 5 minutes I was just as pasty white as I always am. But for the next two hours after getting the adrenalin shot I could not stop shaking. It was so annoying. It's like when you get really pissed off at something or someone, and you get that bit of shaking. Times that by about 200 for 2 hours and that's what it was like. My whole body was just vibrating uncontrollably and the more I tried to make it stop the stronger it would get. It was the weirdest feeling.
After all was said and done the doctor told me that it quite possibly could have been the lunch meat, but that he suspected that it was actually the anti inflammatory since if you are going to be allergic to any type of medication it is very typical for anti-inflammatories to cause reactions.
So I am not allowed to take advil, ibuprofen, mefenamic acid (ponstel) naproxen, or any other type of anti-inflammatory until I find out what I'm allergic to. Awwwwwesome. Cause guess what? Anti inflammatories are my only hope of helping out menstrual pain and now I can't take them at all. That's real fuckin great.
Seriously hoping it was just the turkey haha. I pawned it off on Dario's family tonight hahaha. They all said the same thing too: "great now WE can end up going to the hospital!!"
I didn't even bother telling Dario what happened until tonight. I thought it was a pointless cause to wake him up for something so stupid because I knew it wasn't gonna kill me or anything.
So yeah, that was my night. There were a couple guys that had been in a car accident in the rooms next to me. One of them sounded identical to Dario's brother which was so weird. I tried to sneak a peak just before I was leaving to see who it was but he'd already left. Then there was some asian girl who took her kid skating and ended up falling and knocking herself out.
All in all it was rather interesting. I didn't get home till 3 in the morning though and the huge amount of adrenalin made me feel like i'd ran a marathon, and the benadryl makes you really tired so I slept till 2 this afternoon. Which would be the direct reason for my being awake at this hour.
Whatevs. I should go lay down and watch a movie and write my christmas cards. I'm helping Alicia move tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to it. We'll make it a fun experience so it's not so stressful trying to keep organized. Moving doesn't always have to be a lame job, there's always entertainment values in there somewhere!
Melissa, I need your address if I am not going to see you before the 18th. I have a Christmas card for you and Matt!
Oh, I also bought my stepdad another t-shirt that is just disgusting. Only appropriate for when he goes to the cabin with his redneck friends. It says: "I eat pussy like a fat kid eats cake." HAH. My mom thought it was hilarious. Wow I have a weird and inappropriate family.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment