Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Chance Of A Lifetime Or A Mistake?

In the near future I may have to make one of the toughest decisions I will have to make to date.

I love my job. I love the people I work with and I love the feeling I get when I accomplish something that not everyone can do. Most of all I love the opportunities this job has given me in the last year and a half.

My health is getting worse and worse, and I fear that there is going to come a day soon where I may have to make the decision of choosing between my job and my health.

Obviously your health will be of much more value than your job, but it is difficult none the less.

I am worried that if my health continues on this downward spiral that I will no longer be able to do a job that I love. A job that I am slowly becoming unable to do as I physically can't push myself as hard as I once used to.

The result of this of course is finding a new job.

Finding a new job.

It sounds simple enough and probably not that big of deal to many people... but when you feel pressure of having to possibly quit a job that you actually love because of something you cannot control it becomes extremely overwhelming.

How do you tell a boss you don't want to let down, that you indeed will do exactly that? When is the right time to talk to them about the prospect of it? How do you face the fears of not knowing what will come of it all and take a huge leap of faith into unexplored waters? Do you tell them at all that it is a possibility you may have to quit or do you not say a word until that time actually comes?

I don't know what words to use to explain any of this. I am emotionally drained.

This may be an opportunity of a lifetime or it could end up being a huge mistake.

I go to the doctors tomorrow. Dario is going to be at my side. I am hoping to maybe gain at least a few answers. I need to know what is wrong so I can figure out how to work my life around it.

I just don't know when the right time would be to tell my bosses of these possibilities, how I would tell them, or if I even tell them at all beforehand.

I just don't know.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Good luck today! Hope all goes well <3