Well the weekend is over and I can't quite sleep yet. I feel really gross right now because I just had popcorn and feel disgusting. Truth be told I shouldn't even feel full at all today because I didn't really eat that much but for some reason I'm very fat feeling. Whatevs. Bring it on.
We celebrated Dario's birthday last night at the Mountain Shadow. Obvs our usual spot for sporting events and Dario feels most at home there. It was a good turn out and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I finally remembered to make reservations thank god cause yet again the whole one side of the upstairs was reserved for a fundraiser for a boy who has cancer.
I played DD this weekend and am making a concious decision to not drink for the rest of this month at least. There are a ton of birthdays this month so it should be an entertaining challenge. The reason being is obvs for my health and b) cause I'm spending waaaaaay too much money on shit like this and I just can't afford it with all the time I'm missing from work. After Dario's birthday comes hockey night at the Ciavarro's and polenta party at the Perizzolo's. The following weekend is my friend Leaura's 19th birthday (I can't believe she's actually that young, I always forget she isn't even 19 yet since she definitely doesn't have the maturity of an 18 year old.) The day after Leaura's partay is miss Alicia's birthday evening. Which obvs I will be attending. :) A few days later it is my roommates birthday so I have no idea what will be happening then but I'm sure we'll end up at a pub in celebration as usual. Then Finally the month will be nearing an end and Dario and I will close it off nicely with a concert. Christmas party season will be opening early December starting with the Make Love To My Balls party and then there will be the work Christmas parties but I probably won't be here for mine. SO many events going on it's madness I tell you!
Jennifer Garner is very odd looking with her hair pulled back. Kind of elf-ish.
I have finally made progress with my doctor and am now waiting to hear back from a specialist with an appointment. I should hear from their office within the next two weeks confirming an appointment so hopefully it won't take months to get in like it usually does but I'm sure I'll have to wait at least a month. In the mean time I guess I will be surviving on pain killers. Regardless for the first time in a long time I have a bit of relief knowing that I might just get somewhere with it all.
I think at the end of this month I am going to donate blood with Danielle. She goes and does it all the time and I got an e-mail talking about the short supply of donors and I thought, why not give it a shot? Of course that only stands if I don't have sex with any men who have sex with other men, or for some reason have been around monkeys in the last year. As long as Dario is faithful to me and isn't out boning other men I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear to donate!
I kind of enjoy all of this madness going on around me. At the same time it's a little bittersweet as I've been having to avoid going to certain things due to feeling poopy, but I'm hoping for a good end to a very short feeling year.
I wish Dario and I were married and living in our own house so that we would be able to host events/parties when we want to. Having a roommate makes it a little tricky to do what you want since you have to run everything by eachother when you do have people over. Not to mention I definitely don't have the room here or the seating to have too many people over. It sucks big time. It's hard to believe that Dario and I have already been dating for over a year and a half. I don't even know where all the time has gone. While we were at the banquet I had realized it'd been an entire year of all of the crazy Italian events and I had finally experienced about 98% of them. And as I told him, this has been the best year of my life... and as Homer would say "Best year of your life... so far."
I finally read "the five languages of love" or whatever it's called. My roommate is now hooked. I bought it Friday and finished it Saturday hah. I had a very laid back Saturday morning with much time to kill. Good book though it had some definite points in it.
Well I suppose it's 10:30 and I should finally get going to bed. I didn't take any pictures of Dario's birthday or anything else this week for that matter so, no pictures for you.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's alot of birthdays for one month! Yikes!
I'm glad to hear your doctors appointment went better. Hopefully everything continues on this path to figure out what is going wrong.
I want to give blood too! Always have, just never have done it yet.
You and Dario need to get married soon! bah. You guys are practically already are so just tie the dang knot! haha.
Post a Comment