Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Marlee 1 Old Navy 0

What an evening.

My visit with my aunt turned out really well actually. She got here fiiiinally around 7:30pm and she wanted to go shopping immediately. Thank God she shops differently than my mom (she could spend days in one store I bet) and we buzzed around the mall until it closed and actually made it into more than one or two stores. Old Navy turned into a 5 minute trip, a quick buzz around the store, she found a shirt she liked, she tried it on overtop of her clothes, didn't look in a mirror, just looked down and decided she liked it, took it off and walked to the register. Done. I will admit that she shops too fast even for me. She literally will duck into a store, stop, look around quickly and if nothing catches her eye immediately, she moves on. Aside from that though we had made two trips to lululemon haha. She bought one sweater for the girl babysitting her kids, and then decided that she liked it and wanted it so she would buy the girl a different sweater haha so we had to go back.

After all was said and done we went for dinner at the cactus club since I was hoping it'd be quick because I wanted to get into bed at a still decent time... But we ended up eating and staying there until about quarter to 11, then finally we got back home. I set up her bed and wrote her directions on how to get out of the city. I gave her directions to the willingdon exit though because apparently the gaglardi way one was too hard for her to understand haha. So whatevs, she obviously made it outta here some how today as I didn't receive any phonecalls for directions.

We ended up staying up until 1 in the morning just about blabbing about the family and what not. She was telling me a bunch of stuff about what my grandma was like and the sorts of things that her and my mom experienced as kids, and the shinanigans that they used to get into (my mom was a friggen nightmare child haha). My grandmother was schizophrenic, and died when I was 5 so I didn't know much about her. My mom never talks about her and I've never asked, however my aunt is really open with discussing everything so I find it really interesting to hear these stories that my mom would never bring up.

After I went to bed I immediately regretted staying up so late because morning came way too soon. I was paranoid I would sleep through my alarm again so I hardly slept at all, maybe a total of 3 hours. I wasn't exactly energetic today that's for sure but I guess I held up alright. I'm still awake, although I have no motivation to do anything at all. I am going to shower in a little bit and head straight for bed.

I spent a good hour online this afternoon trying to find a stupid doctor. Does anyone know a female doctor that is actually decent who doesn't just rush you out of the room as fast as they can so they can get in their next patient? Cause fuck if I can find one. I don't even know where to start. I hate walk in clinics, I just want an actual doctor, one that I will go see whenever somethings up who will actually become familiar with my medical history. I don't know how things work down here either. Obviously it's no news that women have to do an annual pap test... but I don't know if you can just go see a gyno down here? Or do you have to be referred to one? Because where I'm from you had to see your general practitioner and then if you had problems they would refer you to one, but you would pretty much have to see them 20 times with that same problem before they might even consider referring you. So I don't know how the eff it works down here and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

Whatevs. I think it's time to go shower and get myself to bed extra early.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

i have a great doctor but she is all the way in whiterock. there are also a lot of doctors at her clinic that are great as well. I could give you the info if you didn't mind going that far.

Marlee said...

is she good with va-jay-jays? hahahaha cause I need one who's really experienced with ridonkulous menstrual problems. I've been to so many different doctors and have tried so many things, so if she at least will put the effort into finding the problem then I would gladly drive all the way out there if I have to haha