Monday, July 28, 2008

Round Two With Old Navy

Well today has started off as a pretty lamo day. I woke up literally an hour later than I need to leave my house by in order to get to work on time. So needless to say I was an hour late to work today. Which in the end didn't turn out to be an entirely bad thing because for some reason I am absolutely exhausted today. I don't know if it's just the change in the weather that has gotten me all screwed up, but I am tiiiiired.

To add to the longness of my day, my aunt will be here tonight. However it's my mom's sister, and she wants to go shopping as soon as she gets here -sigh.- And guess where she wants to go? That's right... Old Navy. What the hell is the deal with that? Seriously, her and my mom could live in an old navy store and find everything they ever needed in there. I don't understand at all. But my aunt will only be here for tonight and she will be leaving tomorrow morning for Chilliwack... And that looks completely wrong and probably is spelled wrong but I don't care. Apparently the story is that my great aunt Gaye has passed away and the funeral is tomorrow. I am not going, which sounds shallow but really is not. I have only met her once in my life and that was when I was 13. I am not at all in touch with anyone on my mothers side of the family aside from my mom and my aunt. I don't talk to my grandpa, I don't talk to my great grandma, and I don't even really talk to my moms sister all that much. It sounds really rude and shallow, but I don't know how to explain it better than I didn't grow up with them being a part of my life, so why should it be any different now? Most of them probably don't even know I exist. I have a great uncle too but I have no idea where he is or anything about him either. I didn't even know my moms mom was my grandma until shortly before she passed away. I only found out she was my grandma because my brother said to her at Easter "Grandma would you like some jelly beans?" I had always thought she was just one of grandpa's friends that he would pick up from the hospital and bring over to visit whenever we came. Pretty sad.

So tonight will hopefully go by quickly. I need to go to bed early because I don't want to sleep in again tomorrow, I don't know how I managed to sleep in so late, normally I'll wake up you know, by 5:30 and say oh shit. But today it was 6:16 and it was a huge "SHIT!" when I woke up and noticed it was light out haha.

Saturday we had a potluck at the Perizzolo's for the choir that is here from Italy. I had an absolute blast. I wish I would have brought my camera to take pictures but oh well I guess. I was the only person who couldn't speak italian there, so it made for a very interesting night. But by the end of it I was feeling quite comfortable, even though I still couldn't say anything to anyone without someone to help translate. There was one guy though that kept winking at me haha it was so funny. When he first arrived he was speaking italian to me, and when Dario explained that I didn't know how to speak it, he tried to say "So you like big handsome italian men??" but it came out "You like italian man beautiful' hahaha it was great.

Dario and I wanted to go hiking on Sunday however he hurt himself at work on Friday so I made sure he rested so he was better for work today. He claims he was fine and could have done it, and I'm sure he could have, but he would have regretted it afterwards when he woke up in pain first thing Monday morning haha. I'm really hoping we can get some friggen time to ourselves to do something nice this summer. We haven't had much for chances there's always something going on. He's always working Saturdays so that really only leaves Sunday for us, and either something is going on, or the weather is absolute shit. This weekend is the trevisani picnic and Sabrina gets here as well so until after her wedding there won't be any free time. After that we may get a chance to have a day to ourselves to go out hiking or something. I am trying to convince Dario that we need to just pick a day and do it.. and if something comes up that we're invited to that we need to say no because otherwise we won't have any friggen time to do something for ourselves that we enjoy. I think it's a pretty reasonable request but we will see how it all pans out.

Buuuuuuut I should probably go now, my aunt will be here in a few hours and it would probably be appropriate if I started putting my laundry away and got some bedding ready for her for tonight. Sigh. Round two with Old Navy here I come *boourns*

1 comment:

Smelly Danielly said...

I hate Old Navy! I never find anything that fits me right and I have no patients for them. I bought one dress from there in the past 5 years and thats it. I don't even bother going in to look. I just have a bad taste for Old Navy.