Welllll so much for 'celebrating' today. Majority of the class didn't bother showing up. There wasn't a point even. Aside from seeing our final marks and what we got on our projects it was pointless. So the celebratory drinking day has been cancelled.
I did well on my structural steel project. 97%. I think the only thing that I may have lost a mark or two on was the fact that my plates were 1mm out of size. Not a big deal, you're almost always allowed 1/16 to 1/8 leniency on projects unless noted that it has to be specifically to size so whatevs.
I'm glad its over with though, hopefully I'll get a different teacher in March. I'd really hate to have him again, he's good at teaching theory but he doesn't help you at all when you're in the shop. He just expects that he can do an overview of the shop project and you should automatically know how to fit it properly... yah right buddy. Those things take practice.
Buuuuut overall, I got 89% in the course. So I'm happy with that. I would have liked to have done better but whatevs. Considering no one in his class ever gets over 91% I did well. Now I can't wait to go back to work and actually be able to practice this stuff and put it to use with the things that we actually build. :)
Dario called me this morning to let me know he landed. I was so excited to hear from him. I had trouble going to sleep last night because I didn't get to say goodnight to him. I told him a million times, I can't fall asleep well if I can't say goodnight haha. It's become such a routine now. Even if we don't hang out one of us will still phone the other before we go to bed to say goodnight. So needless to say I'm screwed without him hahaha. I know these two weeks are definitely going to put things in perspective for us on how we really feel about each other. As Danielle said. :)
We had a good laugh because I'm always freezing, for some odd reason I always need to have a blanket on me when I'm watching tv, or laying down or whatever. Even if it's a million degrees and I'm way too hot, I have to have a blanket. It's just a comfort thing and habit I guess. So when I was fighting for the blanket the other day he said 'maybe I'll just bring you a blanket back from Italy.' I was like 'OH MY GOD YES!' haha but he said no because he has no room in his suitcase. Ooooh well.
Since I have had next to no sleep I think I'm going to go back to bed now that the day is full of NOTHING plans haha. Nappy time :D
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment