I'm making a promise to myself that over the next few months my blog will be seeing some changes. Not only will my blog start seeing changes but I am starting a hair blog. I think it will be a really interesting project to partake in and will help keep me motivated and focused. It will also give me a place where I can give my clients something to check out in their free time so they can either keep up with what I'm doing, or keep up on the latest trends and product information. I will grow to include things like easy styling tips so even the non-hair-savvy people can learn to manage their locks. It will force me to continue advancing my skills and knowledge but also allows me to have a bit of a portal to share my enthusiasm for something I love so much. Part of this is going to help me learn better ways of explaining and educating. What I haven't indulged in is that I will be partaking in a meeting tomorrow night to start working on becoming an instructor at John Casablancas. I have no idea what this meeting entitles and whether or not I will end up an instructor, but I will be showing up in hopes that I can start working towards being a teacher. I've decided that education is one of my favourite parts of hairdressing and I would eventually like to be on stage and teaching advanced classes.
So back to the rest of my day. Today has been a pretty exciting day for me. My morning started with a phonecall from my new future landlord. That's right. I have found a place and am moving for the first time in 3 and a half years! I've complained about my previous place for the last 2 and a half years so this is a huge relief. The move itself is going to be shitty seeing as how not only am I moving my stuff, but we have Kohlby's apartment to move as well. I do however have more than a month to pack my house so I should be well prepared. Though I am headed home for a week in June for my little brothers graduation so it will be a crazy month. Tie all of that in with a more than full time job, prepping and hopefully getting my shoots done for the contessa's, and late night Wednesdays for classes and I'm sure I'll be a total basket case.
I gave my notice to my roommate today but will be handing in my notice at the end of the month when it is necessary to do so. I'm mainly doing that because I don't like people I don't know in my habitat more than they have to be. Yes, even though I am moving I still consider it my "habitat."
So onto some bigger and better (and definitely more exciting) things.
After sorting out things with my new landlord I went into Burnaby to see my chiropractor and to check my mail. Here's to give you an idea of how little I am home: I have received not one but three letters from Revenue Canada about my 2009 tax revisions that I sent away in March. You know you've been gone awhile when even the government sends you more mail than you can keep up with.
After that I headed back to Vancouver, and then into Kits for a good ol' fashioned crotch wax, full leg wax, eyebrow, mustache, and chin threading. A day of pain apparently. I went to a little place called Dona Lucia Spa at MacDonald and Broadway and I highly recommend it! It was incredibly affordable (some of the most reasonable waxing prices I've seen,) and the service was excellent. My lower half waxing only took about 50 minutes total and was very well done. I saw a woman by the name of Fatima and she was absolutely adorable!
I came home to eat icecream sandwiches and salad. Sadly, even though I loaded up my salad with plenty of veggies, sunflower seeds, mango, feta, jalapeno havarti, and turkey I wasn't full. I'm not sure if I wasn't full or if I just got bored and wanted to eat more. I have got to stop doing that!
In other news, if you haven't heard yet Dub FX is playing at Club Five Sixty on July 8th. If you like talented artists/DJs/beat boxers then I suggest you go! This very handsome Australian man is quite the talent. I've been obsessed with him lately. I've never been one to listen to techno/house/dubstep kind of music but I can appreciate talent no matter what genre and I find his music so interesting.
Check him out, and while you're at it, check this out too. Also another song I'm vibing that's out of the norm for me!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hair Blog Hair Blog Hair Blog! DOOOO ITTTTT! I would love (I know, I'm selfish)if you had a hair blog because then each time I come see you and write about my amazing hair I could link your blog for everyone to see! Free promotion! I'm going to harass you until you do it.
haha awe thanks!! Yeah I've got the name picked out and started it on blogger. I don't have a clue what I'm doing though so I would like to start getting some photoshoots done first, and hopefully start figuring out how to build a decent looking page that you can navigate easily through, as well as blog. I would like to launch it by the end of summer (after I do my contessa shoots etc) so I've got some substance to it all. :)
Post a Comment