Sunday, May 8, 2011

Late Night Rambles

Well hello there neglected blog that I only post to once a month now. I'd like to preface this by saying it's apparent that my life no longer allows for time spent on this blog. It actually makes me sad when I think about it. It's quite nice to look back and read old posts. There really are so many things you forget about.

So what has been new in life? There's the obvious stuff like work, the Royal wedding, and the lack of summer approaching. Osama Bin Ladin has been killed, the Canucks are still in the playoffs leading a 3-2 second series, and my mom and Wendy just finished their annual Spring visit this past weekend.

Even I, who can talk more than the average person on steroids, am actually sick of talking about the Royal Wedding. Why you ask? Try having the same conversation up to 8 times a day, for a month or two straight; all with different people. I remember when I first embarked on my hairdressing career at a little shop on Main street... One of the stylists there would always talk about the same things over and over and over. It finally dawned on me, "How much shit can one possibly do in the 4-6 week span between client visits?" ... it turns out, not much!

I'm currently cat sitting right now for one of the girls I work with being that she lives right across the street from ze boyfriends place. Shortly after she fucked off to San Francisco to get drunk for three weeks, Kohlby also skipped town to go work on the Island for a month. Awesome. That leaves me... with three cats... split amongst two places. Apparently this is what my life has come to.


My mom and Wendy were just here for a visit last weekend. If you have me on facebook you might have noticed my embarrassing "Marlee has been checked in at ... with Stacey and Wendy" posts on my profile. You might also have noticed that the sequence of those check in's is basically: pub, pub, mall, pub, bar, mall, pub... I think you get it. For the first time in a year and a half (with the exception of Christmas holidays) I took a full weekend off to spend with the cougs. Needless to say we were drinking palm bay by 10 in the morning and were fairly shitfaced by night. A weekend off well spent I would say. You have no idea how nice it is to just be able to go out and get drunk on a Friday or Saturday night without having to worry about whether or not you'll be too hungover to properly perform haircutting services.

Aside from the usual drinking and shopping, we did go to a few places to eat. The new Nicli Antica Pizzeria in Gastown was obviously a must. I'm sure you've all heard raves about it before so I'll leave it be at: holy fucking balls that was the best pizza I've ever had and man do they make good drinks!

So other news? Well... I just got my half sleeve started on Thursday. Yep that's right, I officially have a great big cock on my arm. It was time. I finally had my rose tattoo covered up. Not that I hated it or anything but this tattoo is just so much better... and bigger haha. I know how much my parents will love this one. NAHT. I'll go in to get the rest coloured and the background shaded on the 26th. I can barely wait! You can still see part of my rose right now but once some colour gets packed in there it'll be completely hidden! Yay! :)



I'm also in the midst of finding a new place. Kohlby and I have discussed it and we've decided to move in together. We basically already live together being that I never go home anymore except to do laundry to bring back here. So, once he returns from Victoria we'll hopefully find a new place together to get settled into. It's quite exciting actually. One) I've never lived with a boyfriend before, and Two) he's pretty awesome. He's honestly one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I quite often tell him that I believe he was a lesbian in a past life since he remembers so many little details about us/me. He really is quite good to me.


It's now taken me two evenings to write a post that rambles on about nothing in particular. For the record I really hate buses. I also really dislike old people that come on the bus smelling like they just shit their pants. No, I don't mean that as a casual expression used when someone smells really bad... I mean that literally. A woman sat next to me yesterday and I swear she was wearing a diaper and had shit in it. I particularly loved the looks I kept getting once she got off the bus and the smell lingered in my general area. Thanks old lady... thanks.

My tattoo is driving me absolutely crazy right now. It is SO itchy!

I never take pictures anymore, so all you get are three pictures. Yep... that is all! I'm going back to watching my National Geographic show about babies. This shit is blowing my mind!

No comments: