Well I've pretty much taken a 3 month hiatus from blogging and it's been rather interesting to say the least. A lot has been going on but it's been rather enjoyable. Part of the thing I like about it is that there's been stuff to talk about when I meet up with others that might typically keep track of my life through my blog. On top of that I've just had more time to do my own thing.
So what's new in my life? Well... I stopped blogging for a bit because I found it incredibly unnerving sharing so much information about myself. The reason? There was a murder in my hometown and the supected murderer is someone I've known my whole life. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable for awhile. Even still I find myself freaking out when I walk past this trail on my way home. I've always had an irrational fear of trails that stems from nightmares and bad movies.
Now that some time has passed I've eased up over the issue. For the first couple of weeks I would stare at people on the skytrain and think to myself whether or not any of them could be murderers. A bit of an overexaggerated reaction to the whole ordeal but it's a pretty awful situation. Disgusting really.
So... That aside I've been busy with work, the holidays, and ringing in the New year along with everyone else. On top of that I still haven't mentioned anything about my trip to Paris. Well -- the trip was absolutely amazing. I met a lot of really great people from Wella that I just adore and I really hope to see them all again in November in new York. That's right, I will be entering into some competitions this year in hopes to land a spot in the finals. Eeeeeeeeeeeee! That's going to be it's own hectic matter.
My visit home for Christmas was unusually low key compared to past visits. I did get drunk a few times, there were some ridiculously hilarious moments (one of which included my dad making a major vocabulary slip. No jokes, my dad said to my 13 year old sister, "come on Hannah it's time to go plaster your pussy all over facebook!" ... He meant to say "puss" ... Which apparently is an old word used to describe your face. Best fuck up ever. I havent laughed so hard in I'm not sure how long!)
I got back just in time to ring in the new year at roos pub in coquitlam. I spent my new year with the boyfriend (yes it's true, I'm dating again and as nice as it is it's still kind of funny to say,) my favourite Lisa, her boyfriend and his band, and even a couple of the boyfriends friends. Overall it was really great until some asshole named Jon called me and I got emotionally drunk and cried haha. Le sigh. It was great though. I love that kid.
I also got a new tattoo before Christmas. That was something on my to do list for 2010 so I'm glad I finished that. I got a jewelled swallow on the front of my shoulder with the words "the English language does not give me the power of expression" running along my collarbone into the middle of my chest. It didn't feel overly great but wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it would be. The quote is from a letter Jon wrote me in january. Jon still hasn't seen it in person but soon enough hopefully!
Uhm what else... I'm just trying to recap in quick form everything that's happened. The one thing I miss about blogging regularly is looking back and reading old posts about days that I might otherwise forget. As much as I might try to give up blogging I'm not sure I ever could. That being said I don't know how people like Alicia fit blogging into that hectic lifestyle of hers. God knows I am having a hard time juggling a more than full time job, a boyfriend, nights out with friends, and practicing guitar.
Oh that's another thing... Lisas boyfriend has signed me up to play at at princetons pub on march 9th. So now I have about two months to practice up and get prepared to play guitar and sing in front of a bunch of people. I'm actually really excited about it but so nervous at the same time.
Man oh man how things have changed. Two years ago I would never have done something like this. In Paris I got loaded and one of the guys on the trip had actually made it to the top 25 on Canadian idol awhile back was also on this trip... And equally loaded I might add haha... So we kept singing together in our hotel lobby at 5 in the morning. After that my manager made sure to get the two of us to sing in front of the whole wella Canada group during our boat cruise on the seine. After that I think some of the shyness started to go away... That being said it's much easier to sing with someone else as opposed to on your own.
So last but not least (this is for melissa because she may have hinted that she wanted me to blog about this new character I have been dating.) There really isn't much to say. He's really great and we met back in august. We've spent a lot of time together so I finally took the girlfriend plunge. He's a pretty rad guy. We've got a lot in common. He plays bass and some guitar as well so I think I like that more than anything. We often sit around and I'll play guitar and he'll play bass which I think is ridiculously cute. He's a welder fitter and is also from a really small town. We randomly know a lot of the same people so it makes hangouts with friends easy and natural. He's a typical small town guy really. My friend kat joked that I moved to Vancouver to date a fort guy... It's pretty much dead on haha. It just works.
Oh and I met kats baby boy over Christmas, sweet little merrik. Oh my god I had a hard time leaving him. He is just way too sweet!
Okay that's enough catch up for now. I'm still computerless so I apologize for poor grammar and possible autocorrections... iPods aren exactly designed to blog on. Le sigh.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
#1 I LOVE WHEN YOU BLOG. I'm glad you posted again! I love hearing your stories <3
#2 I can't believe you worte that whole thing on an iPod! Sweet Jesus that is talent!
I can't believe you wrote this whole thing on an iPod! Wow.
SO glad you are back blogging!! And a bf! woo! You are a powerhouse Marlee, I sit here and read all about how you are making your life HAPPEN for you, and it's so inspiring.
Post a Comment