Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spend All Your Time Waiting For That Second Chance



Well here it is. All of my pictures from Paris. Actually it's not all of them, just a few of them. My favourites really. The picture above is my ridiculously adorable manager (who's actually younger than me, but is an absolute blast!) and the man in the middle is Mr. Dave Dias. He is the president of Wella Canada. An amazingly sweet man. So first and foremost before I go any further I would like to again thank Wella and AXIS for sending me to Paris to check out this unreal show! I'll keep things short for this post since there's quite a few pictures but I'll talk a little as I go.


This was our hotel that we stayed in. Hotel Lutetia.


This colour most certainly isn't from the Wella line. At least I'm 99.9% positive it isn't, so if it actually is I would be quite impressed. The blue that Wella carries isn't as vibrant as this and usually comes out more of a greyish blue.


About half of the catwalk that the models walked out on. 





One of the models from Toni&Guy London. This was for the "Passionista" Trend for 2011. 4 salons produced their interpretations of the 4 new Wella trends. I've only uploaded a few pictures from each. (My favourites of course.) Passionista was my 2nd favourite as a trend, and as a production, but the hair as a whole took 3rd place in my books. :)


 HOB Salons London for the "Lumina" Trend. As much as I loved what they did, the cuts and styles were amazing, but of the four trends, Lumina was my least favourite. Still incredible, just not my favourite. That being said, all of their models were blondes with pastel golds, silvers, purples, pinks etc and those colours are quite difficult to do. So good on ya HOB Salons. I was quite impressed.


Dimitri Vinokurov did his interpretations with the help of a few of his stylists for the trend "Glamazon." This blew everything I've ever seen out of the water. For someone who appears to be quite young (although its hard to tell with hairdressers sometimes) he is unbelievably talented. The entire audience stood up to applause him. His models were impecable, 6 plus feet tall and beautiful; gorgeous bone structure, perfect hair... basically just perfect. I can't get over it. It was more than inspiring. I can't even really explain what this was like for me. Every time I go through these pictures it makes me want to be so much more a part of it.




The last trend was presented by the Sassoon's Academy. This was my 3rd favourite trend, but the hair was definitely up there for me. I love clean bold lines in hair. I used to love seeing texture but the more I do hair, the more I appreciate a clean blunt bob. It's fascinating the technique that goes behind precision cutting. I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a Sassoon's demo at HairWorld and it blew me away. They were cutting fringes at one point, and they spent about 20 minutes doing the fringe, and then after they were "done" they said they would likely take the model to the back and spend another 20-30 minutes on the fringe. What I love most about these cuts is the fact that they're designed around the texture of the natural hair. These cuts are made to be denman brush blowdryed, you can flat iron with a slight bevel for an even more sleek look, but the hair itself can be combed on stage and will fall perfectly back into place. There's very little product used and the Sassoon method rarely uses any form of texturizing/thinning hair. It's perfection at it's finest. I was in awe.




These pictures are from wandering around after the show. All of the models are put on display so you can take a better look at things. 






Some of the competitors models. The first picture won 3rd place in the young talent. I love the matte texture of the brown crimped hair in comparison with the sleek sliver. Look closely and you'll see peeks of navy blue and a peachy brown in amongst the grey. It's sooo beautiful. 





Some pictures from the Sassoon's demo.




Of course we had to go and check out the Eiffel Tower. You haven't been to Paris without doing so. It was so pretty at night. Originally when I got into the city I didn't quite see how the place was considered to be one of the most romantic places on the planet. It sure made sense when the sun went down though.






 The last picture was taken just before we took a boat cruise on the Siene. It was so beautiful. We celebrated our last night there by eating an awesome dinner on the water (this was all a surprise to us from Wella by the way.) 

So yeah, that was Paris in a very small nutshell! Now a few Christmas pictures? I have like... 5. Haha. I didn't take many pictures this time around but I did get a picture of my favourite little guy! Baby Merrik is seriously sweet. Look at his little turtle face he was making! I'm not sure if it was because of my lipstick or because he was teething, but apparently he had never made that face until he met me. Awwee <3 I miss him so much already! He's such a heartbreaker. I can't wait until he fits into his little skinny jeans that I got him!



The view of the lake from Wendy's fabulous lake house. I pretty much couch surfed the whole time I was in Fort. I randomly slept at my moms, my dads, and Wendy's house haha. Jeph and I hung out (he's Wendy's son, and Wendy is my moms best friend) and played Buck Hunter on the Wii while drinking whiskey. It's as close as I could get to hunting season this year seeing as I missed it!




Oh my God. Cutest little puppy ever! 8 week old black lab puppy named Stella. (I think that was it haha?) Seriously, to die for.


There's just way too much cuteness here. Baby Amelia with her big sister Ayla, and their dad Nate! There's just too much cuteness in this blog post to handle today. 


These pictures make me so happy. I love everything about my life right now. I truly feel far too fortunate for all of the good things I have going on. Now I'm debating whether or not to do another post that's a little more recent with my life events or if I should let you enjoy this one for now and finish watching Stepbrothers. Hmm, I think I'll choose the second choice!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Seriously half of these haircuts look like they belong in some geeky world of warcraft style book!!

Also, I like your hair. I gotta do something like that with mine.