I would like to preface this by saying "fuck you Miguel colbert. You are a piece of shit."
Shit has hit the fan in my house this week. On Friday night I got home at 10pm to find a note written on a piece of mail on the table. The note read "had to move asap. See ya! -Miguel"
Yep. That's right. My roomate up and left 2 days before rent was due, with zero notice, and left 95% of his shit here. I went into his bedroom to find his mattress, desk, side table, keyboard, computer cords, and copious amounts of garbage and food all over the room. There are food stains on the carpet, mouldy food dishes in the closet for some obscure reason, and in general just shit everywhere. All he took was his clothes, bedding, computer, phone, and truck. I guess wherever he was going he didn't need his stuff.
I don't think you can even begin to understand how pissed off I was. I have been trying to call him but he very obviously isn't going to answer my phonecalls. I've decided I might call the place he was working to see if he's still around there. I might show up at his work and make one big fucking scene if he is there still.
Who does shit like that? Seriously. And I thought this roomate was a normal/good one. I thought wrong.
I am leaving for Paris on Thursday and I really don't have time to deal with this. I had two days to make a decision as to whether or not I was just going to move out and get a place of my own, or whether I was going to find a new roomate. I've decided getting my own place will well be worth the extra rent if it saves me from ever having to go through this again.
Needless to say I could have used without the stress. I have now ended up taking off Mondays at the salon completely so I can work a minimum of 24 hours a week at the shop and 32 hours at the salon. I need to do it for November so I can make up for the extra expenses moving will end up costing me.
Thankfully, even though I have shifty roomates, I have very good friends who've been so helpful, and that gratitude absolutely extends to both of my bosses from the salon and shop. I can't tell you how awesome, accomodating, and understanding/sympathetic they were when I talked to them about what happened.
I wasn't planning on moving until feb or march so this couldn't come at a more inconvenient time but hopefully it all works out. I put in Pmy notice today and will need to be out of here for december 1st. It's kind of weird and really scary. I haven't moved in three years, especially when I wasn't ready to, nor have I lived without a roommate since before my Vancouver days. It'll all be fine but I won't stop freaking out until I have found a place and paid deposits and signed papers etc.
Even though it's a mass amount of madness I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of my trip to Paris. I leave on thursday morning. I still have to clean the disaster room, finish packing, get travel insurance, and get euros all while working before we leave.
I will say though that Halloween was another success! My mugatu costume was pretty amazing and everyone loved it. I was told multiple times it was the best costume at the bar that night which was sweet. I only have pictures on my cellphone though because I forgot my camera soooo no pictures for you yet. :( sorry!
I'm going to sleep though. I get to wake up in 5 hours. Yuck.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow what a jackass! I can't believe that people do stuff like that!!
Question: Was he on your lease with you? Because if he was, you can go after him for his half of the rent (just saying).
jebus! what did you dooooo?
what a hassle! Sorry you had some bad luck with the roommate :(
I saw your handy work with Krista's hair. Genius! I predict in a couple years from now you will have your own line of products and a chain of salons!
Post a Comment