Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm Doing It For The Thrill

It's a Friday night and I'm at home, by myself. Or wait... It's Saturday. Fuck I don't even know what day of the week it is anymore.



Today was an incredibly insane day. So was yesterday. I will tell you about what was yesterday because there was one client that was absolutely hilarious. Basically this guy showed up ripped out of his tree. He admitted to me that he'd just finished smoking a huge bowl before he came to get his haircut (after already having slept through his earlier appointment that day... which he paid for as well because he felt bad for no-showing. Awe!) After he told me "I need you to cut off this fucking jew-fro," he sat there showing me pictures of his naked girlfriend on his phone, talked about fighting the whole time and drunk escapades then proceeded to go off about how he thought one of the other stylists was really hot. As I took him to the sink to rinse out his hair after having cut it he was still going off about the other stylist and looks at me and says "Wanna tag team her with me?" What do you even say to that?! I just started to laugh and made an awkward "haha yeahhhhh... NOT" kind of comment. Then when I finished the appointment I went to hand him some of my cards so if he knew anyone he could hand them out, to which he replied "You know, I like you and I will come back and see you, but I'm not going to take those because I'll either lose them, or I'll just use them to cut up blow."

I'm sorry, what?! I still can't get over how ridiculous the whole thing was. It made my whole day though because he was beyond entertaining for sure. You don't even realize how interesting/entertaining/different people can be until you start working in the service industry. Hairdressing is definitely different than most service industry jobs though since you're directly one on one with a person for an hour or more.

I once spent an hour cutting a guys hair and we pretty much quoted movies the whole time. The phrase "I teabagged your fucking drumset" kept us entertained for quite some time. I pretty much love clients like that because everyone knows how I love dirty jokes, movie quotes, and funny stories.



I'm really excited about how fast my clientele is building. I am hoping to do a photoshoot with Alicia soon to start building a portfolio/website. I will be looking for hair models so if anyone's interested let me know so that when I do things like this I have a list of people to choose from!


I can't wait to get up north to go visit my friends little guy. They named him Merrik Kenneth Berry. He is the sweetest.

 

See... The sweetest!

Oh my Lanta I want to cuddle the shit out of that baby. I might actually steal him because how could you not fall in love with that little face? Man I love when other people have cute babies that I can temporarily soak up so my biological clock stops screaming "MAKE BABIES, MAKE BABIES!!" for a few minutes. No actually I'm totally lying. I don't get the baby urge anymore. I love them, but by no means would I want one anytime soon. A) that would require a boyfriend/husband, and B) that would require way too much responsibility that I am not yet remotely close to being ready for. Yeeeeeep. I shall be a career focused woman for quite some time.


I can't handle it. He breaks my heart already. Le Sigh.

Maybe I should eat dinner now that it's 10pm and all I've eaten all day is a 6inch sammich and a couple cookies. This is why I'm getting fat. Because I do shit like this, fuck my life I need to find a way to eat more regularly, but I can't eat throughout the day at work soooo I'm hooped. Yay for fat people? No?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'd like to see you to get a trim soon. I have a fear of getting my hair cut... but I think I need subtle layers and my bangs need a better shape (since they won't grow out)... and I feel like I need a trim. arg. I just don't want to lose ANY length right now! AND I feel like my hair is super dry right now. I'm sad :( haha oh no. To be honest considering that I do colour my hair and it is as fine as it is, I think it's in good condition. The sun has just drained all the moisture out. Advice/times I could see you?

Marlee said...

HAHA Melissa you are soooo funny. I love how concerned you are about this. But I can tell your hair doesn't grow very fast and likely has a "cut off" point where it doesn't seem to get any longer than that because it's fine.

Deep conditioning treatments once a week. Get a good deep conditioner, put it on for 5 minutes, put a bag on your head and use your blowdryer to heat it up a bit to swell the cuticle so you get some good penetration. Be careful on moisturizers though you don't want one that's too heavy for your hair type.

Also, use products with UV filters in them to protect your hair from sun damage and will prolong the life of your colour/toners.

As for trims. Trim your hair at least once every 3-4 months. Even if it's only a quarter of an inch. When ends start to split your hair actually loses it's length because your hair is splitting and breaking faster than it is growing.

As for times you could come see me I work every day except for Tuesdays and Thursdays! The salon number is 604-609-3535! :) Can't wait to see youuu!!

Melissa said...

okay i'll make an appointment as soon as I figure out a time.

I really have hair cut anxiety, and im sure you're right about my hair having a "stop growing" point.

I can't wait to see you too!