Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Babies, Bills, and Booze... They Go Hand In Hand Right?

Dammit how annoying. My internet has been down for a week. A WEEK! Do you know how many things I do on the internet outside of social networking? Me neither. But it turns out there's a lot of things I do online that I never thought about before. IE: Finding guitar tabs, paying bills, and then obviously social networking things like emails, facebook, blogs, and twitter.

I've actually been managing alright without the social networking but it just so happened that the internet shut down right around my usual bill paying time. Thanks Shaw for being assholes. Get your shit together.

I got my internet up and running just in time to find out that one of my best friends in the whole world had her baby today at 12:15pm! Baby Berry was born weighing 7lbs 10oz, and I know she told me the length but I was on speakerphone so I didn't quite hear it. I was also too busy crying. They still haven't settled on a name yet but they are pretty sure it will be Maric/Meric (not sure about the spelling on that one.) I'm pretty sure he's got to be the cutest scrunchiest wrinkliest baby boy ever but I'm biased of course.

This is the first time in a long time where someone I'm very close with has had a baby so it's really exciting. I get to play Aunty which is going to be so much fun. I'm going to plan a trip up North in the next month hopefully so I can get a chance to meet the guy. Work pending obviously but I don't think it will be an issue seeing as how one girl who's been there for less than I have been took 2 weeks off to work at the Calgary Stampede. Pretty sure I could take a day or two off to go meet meet the little guy.

I was going to be "a motherfucking adult" today and pay my bills and "clean ALL the things" (as Hyperbole And A Half would say) but due to baby being born and my internet finally working I've now procrastinated immensely. I have managed to do two loads of laundry but that's it. Whoopsies. This is the only time that not having two days off in a row sucks, there's no time for procrastination anymore. I have one day to get shit done, then it's back to work, then one more day to finish getting shit done or to enjoy it. It always seems like I have stuff to do on my days off. Damn errands.

I basically have an hour and a half to get some cleaning done before the roommate comes home and I have to cut his hair. Then after all of that I am now meeting up with Lisa so there goes my day for cleaning. I guess I can still get quite a lot accomplished in an hour and a half if I just get on it. I won't be able to do any of it on Thursday because I have date night planned with the infamous Alicia. We only ever seem to see eachother over hair related appointments these days so I think we're finally planning on hitting up Lolita's for a few drinks. We've both never been and we hear so much about this place it's ridiculous.

It's been a crazy week but thankfully this week away from the internet has been beneficial in quite a few ways. I've finally sat down and got some goals in place for managing and paying off school debt. My goal is to be debt free by January 31st, 2011. Yay!

Actually now that I think about it I've been quite proactive these days and my responsibility level has mostly been on the up and up. That being said Saturday night I did have a falling out with vodka and indians yet again. Someone please tell me why vodka now makes me a cunt when I'm drunk? I should actually research allergic reactions because man do I get sick on the vodka and it'll literally be from next to nothing. I can have a shot or two of vodka and pay for it dearly the next day. Where as if I get loaded off beer I'm fine. I don't get it. I actually purposely avoid vodka at all costs these days, but it just so happened that someone ordered rounds of shots and I drank them because well, it's free shots. You'd be an idiot to be like "no, no thanks."

I guess it's time I should get back on the "get shit done" wagon. Time to do some dishes and finish my laundry. The next place I move into is going to have a dishwasher. I despise handwashing dishes.

Oh... and I'll be joining a gym again. It turns out when you only get to eat one or two meals in a day your metabolism really goes for a shit. Thankfully Lisa's metabolism is going for a shit as well so I'll have a work out buddy so there won't be any excuses to not work out. We also see eachother 3-4 times a week as it is anyways so instead of hanging out and drinking or eating like we normally would, we'll do something proactive. Le sigh. Just wait till the vericose veins start from being on my feet all day. Have you ever looked at a hairdressers legs after they've been doing it for 15-20 years? It's disgusting. I'm actually terrified.

No comments: