Slowly but surely the blog updates are becoming fewer and fewer. They may one day peter out completely but it's hard to say as of yet. I have literally slept at my own home once maybe twice this week.
I have had a really great and busy week at the salon. I'm doing at least 4 clients every day and so far everything has been going really well. I had my old roommate come in today with her mom for haircuts and colours. Her mom was booked with one of the other girls which is too bad because I would have loved to have done her hair for her, but I was booked solid today so we couldn't squeeze her in with me! That was really exciting, it's nice to have a fully booked day. I did Krystals hair and it looked amazing! I got to do a cut I've been dying to try on someone for awhile now. It turned out beautifully and was so layered and voluminous yet still had length without looking mullety. I also did some really bright pink panels to accentuate some of the layers and I was so pleased with the results.
My work weeks are usually around 50-60 hours. On Wednesday I was at work for 12 hours, Friday for 9, yesterday 11, today 10, tomorrow at least 9 assuming my day doesn't run late. It's been really hectic but incredibly worth it and so rewarding. I'm so pleased with my progress and how fast things are moving along. I've been doing a TON of mens cuts which was challenging at first since I didn't do too many of them in school but I have become very comfortable with them and have been doing some really fun cuts that have turned out really great.
On top of the actual work schedule there is also some work activities that will be coming up soon. A lingerie cut-athon will be taking place this summer with AXIS as a fundraiser. This year AXIS will be donating everything to Childrens Brain Cancer Research so when I know more details I'll be sure to let everyone know. I really hope you will all come out and show your support! It is exactly like it sounds - the stylists will be dressing up in lingerie and cutting hair for the day! All of the proceeds are donated and there is a silent auction with some artwork from the owner of the salon as well as live music. I have no idea what I will wear for this yet but it's going to have to be something that sucks in my muffin top hah!
There is also a contest between the stylists right now. We are going to make 60-90 second commercials (if we want to enter that is) on one of our products. We each draw a product we are going to advertise from a hat and the commercials are judged by some long time clients of the salon. The winner gets to go to a major hair show in Paris with one of our managers so that's really exciting!
So as you can tell, work consumes most of my life right now so yes the blogging has been put on the backburner.
I need sleep since I'm working a little earlier than usual tomorrow and I had one heck of a busy day but if any of you readers are using facebook add "AXIS Hair" to your friends list! They will constantly be updating with pictures of things we're doing in the salon and status updates to tell you about new products, fundraisers etc, so check it out! If ever we do any cool work in the salon we'll be posting pictures of that as well. We already have some pictures from Wednesday nights class up so go check it out, please! :)
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment