Tuesday, June 29, 2010
All The Bad Boys Are Standing In The Shadows
Just dropping in upside-down I suppose. I cut all of my hair off. Like actually cut it all off. I lost about 3 inches in length today. There's only a little bit left on the one side in front of my ear. The rest is about an inch to two inches long. I'm pretty in love with it although I have decided that I will retire my leather jacket until I'm sporting a more feminine haircut. I don't want to look like a big raging bulldyke, it's bad enough I already look like a lesbian. Nothing against lesbians, I just don't want to put out the wrong message... well, I don't want to put off MORE of that message than I already am. Right? Yeah.
The weekend was nice. I had today off so last night I met up with Ryan after work. I hadn't seen Lisa in forever either so she came by and we hit up the sea wall for a bit then headed up to Granville to check out some of Ryan's friends at an Open Mic they were doing. I have wanted to do an open mic for awhile but decided I wasn't anywhere near ready. I wasn't going to do it last night at all and wasn't planning on doing it for at least anothe rmonth... Apparently it didn't matter though because Lisa pretty much coerced me into getting up there... I was also given a free beer and any beer I bought after going up would be $2.50 a pint. You can't really say no to that right?
So yeah, I got up there and did John Mayer's version of Free Fallin' which was so incredibly nerve wracking. I'm kind of glad I did it though. I also played my favourite Alice In Chains song since I know it like the back of my hand. I figured since going up there was incredibly unexpected and I was really nervous it would be best to stick to things I knew best. Then to end the night AJ and I did some Sublime which was hilariously entertaining but great.
They've got Open Mic night there every Monday so I figured I'll do it again maybe next week and actually learn something for it. The one girl that went up a few times was unbelievable so it was a little tough singing after her cause well... she was amazing. Oddly, I think she was actually hitting on me? She finished her first set and came over to me and said, "I really like your whole look, you have a really rad style, and you're beautiful." ... like actually completely out of nowhere. I had curled and pomped my hair and was dressed in all black with pink lipstick. Clearly I looked like a raging lesbian. Maybe I should have sat a little closer to Ryan and a little further away from Lisa... Next time..
I've entered the competition at work for the trip to Paris. That should be interesting and scary but a lot of fun too so I hope it all goes well. We have until September to get our commercials in.
I've been spending far too much time at Ryan's house this week and not enough time at home which means my bedroom is a disaster from running in, getting changed, and leaving... my laundry really needs to be done, and I need to make a bunch of salads etc before my veggies go bad. I also have what feels like a million emails that need responding to. Whatever I guess. I think that's what always seems to happen when you first start dating someone. It's just a matter of adding something new and time consuming into your life and trying to find a way to make it balanced again. I'm slowly getting there.
At least everything with work is starting to get a little bit more routine so I'm not super unorganized anymore. That being said, my brother gets here on Thursday which I'm stoked for! I have no idea what we'll get up to yet but he's having laser eye surgery done the next day so I won't see him much afterwards but we'll probably just eat a lot of food and watch his girlfriend shop. That's my guess... Riveting.
I think it's time to eat a quick snack and get some rest though. I'm super tired today, not sure why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very chic
Cute hair, but then again it always is.
Where was the Open Mic? I used to go to The Five Point for Open Mic on Mondays, but not sure if they still do it? Proud of you for going up, it's SO intimidating!
Get together soon? (haha though I know you're busy!)
Thanks guys :)
Alicia the open mic was at the Samesun, kind of a fun little hostel pub that resembles a bit of the cambie. It's usually got a pretty friendly hipster crowd, we know how I love them hipsters. :) And yes we do need to get together soon. I'll take a look at this months schedule and get back to you so we can start figuring out a day.
Post a Comment