Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Well That Was Awkward...

Last night after class Jamie mentioned she wanted to go shopping and asked if I wanted to go to metrotown with her today. I figured I'd tag along even though I'm on a strict "no shopping allowed" rule since it would give me something to do. She called me this morning and I told her I would meet her at Commercial Drive Station and we would go from there.

So, I'm on the skytrain and I'm listening to my ipod. I have it as loud as it can go so that I can try to drown out the noise of the skytrain and everyone around me - just like I always do. Meanwhile, there is a guy sitting directly across from me and I kept noticing him looking at me. I tried to ignore it and would look out the windows or look down, until I happened to glance up and he was trying to talk to me.

I didn't want to be rude so I took my headphones out and this is what he says... and I quote:

"Hi there, I'm sorry but... if you could be any creature or animal, would you be a cat?"

Uhm what?

I was so taken off guard that all I could respond with was "uh... no? Why? Do I look like a fucking cat?"

He laughed and goes "well sorta, the eyes, the hair, it's nice though." ... ooooooookay.

So at this point I'm a little more than weirded out but he wouldn't just leave it be at that. Instead he decided to go with the good old trusty, "So what's your zodiac?" ... Really guy? People actually use that line?!

Still, taken completely off guard I couldn't even remotely try to think up a lie for any of this stuff. His questions were so all over the place that there was no way in hell you would be able to bullshit him. So I responded with "uh, virgo libra" ... To this response he immediately starts quoting what my traits would be, what sort of person I am like (and I'll give the guy this, he knows his astrology because he pegged me to a friggen T.)

Still incredibly weirded out he continued to ask me if I'd ever been to this one Salt something place? I can't really remember what he was talking about on that one because I was still trying to wrap my head around the first few questions... particularly the cat question.

Let me just reiterate... The things he would talk about or ask me would come completely out of no where. I wasn't asking any questions back, just simply answering the ones he would ask me, and even that I was completely weirded out by.

My stop could not come fast enough and I just hoped with everything in me that Jamie was already there so I could escape this incredibly awkward situation.

He was nice and everything, had very nice teeth and wasn't terrible looking by any means, just very strange.

He went on to ask me what I was getting up to for the day, why I was so dressed up, what kind of music I was into... at least some relatively normal questions for once.

When I got off the skytrain he was asking if he could get my number though, and was walking along side me as I was getting off. Now I've said this before to a few of my friends now, and I'm going to say it again: I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FUCKING LIE.

I am the WORST liar on the planet, I get busted instantly, and I cannot for the life of me give out fake numbers because I'm always taken way too off guard to do so. So this guy asks for my number and I actually gave it to him. WHAT THE FUCK.

Thank God Jamie met me at the same time so that I could quickly bail before he had anymore time to ask any other weird questions.

This is going to be really entertaining when he tries to add me to facebook. At least I can ignore his calls or anything like that. I don't answer numbers I don't know anyways but fack. So awkward. If he tries to add me to facebook I am going to creep him out a bit HAH.

Ahhh I still can't figure out the first question... talk about a way to start a conversation. "If you could be any creature or animal, would you be a cat?"

Ridiculous.

4 comments:

Shaz said...

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAA looking at your lips and saying you look like a cat, when he's clearly thinking about your lips and that cat.

Freaking weirdos.

Mike said...

That whole zodiac thing is such bullshit. Every sign entails every character trait with a different adjective as to remain inconspicuous enough to keep people buying into it.

Krista said...

I just did a full body shudder reading this post. Creepo! Maybe don't be so cute on the skytrain? :P

Marlee said...

hahahaha yeah it was weiiiiiird. I decided I wanted to creep him mostly because this is incredibly hilarious. He did however try to call today, best message ever. My outgoing message says to leave your name and number and I'll call you back... and he goes "oh I wish I had a number you could call me back at." ... I'm sorry, WHAT?! You don't have a phone?! hahahahaha wtf