Simplified. I'd say that's a good theme for the time being. Even though my life doesn't really seem all that "simple" at this point in time, it still sort of is. It's basic I suppose, work, school, work, home, school, home, repeat. Throw in some "laundry" and "cleaning" in there and you've got my schedule to a T.


Don't you hate when you put your Ipod on random and it never seems to play the songs you feel like listening to? But you don't really know what you feel like listening to so you can't just put on whatever you want? Mostly I just need to download 10 million more songs to throw on my ipod so I can overplay each one of them till I'm sick of them. Hah. I have a horrible tendency for doing that, except I do always go back and listen to those songs later, just not for a good month or two.

A hairdresser I know suggested to my dad that I should work on a cruiseship after I graduate. Apparently it pays incredibly well (up to 4 grand a month) and they pay for your room and board. It could be fun I suppose but when I think cruise ships I think old people, which then immediately makes me think "ugh... curl set after curl set after curl set..." ... I would most likely be right but it is something worth looking into for sure. It's 50 bucks American just to send in an application. It helps keep their applicants a little more serious I suppose so they don't just get random joe blows sending in their shitty resumes. Doing curl sets wouldn't be such a bad thing but if that's all I was doing then it would get incredibly boring.
Meh, I'll look into it. It might even be worth doing just for a couple of months to bank some mad cash and see some shit while I'm at it! Life on a boat... hmm sounds interesting. Could I play "I'm on a boat" the entire time I was there? I don't think that's gotten old enough just yet.


I sent out my first email about work experience today. Woohoo. I hope that works out for me. I know all the girls are gunning for that salon though so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it works out, it could be a great opportunity I think. :)
Well, back to the boring same old. I'm going to eat me some food and be boring for the rest of the afternoon. Sounds pretty liberating. Naht.
5 comments:
I have a friend who's worked at the video production manager on a cruise ship for 2 years, aside from the hours he has to pay, his crew privileges are pretty decent and they do get shore leave with the passengers so he's basically seen all of South America and most of Europe just from that job.
Also cruise ships will ever so politely force people to give good tips. When I went on the Alaska cruise we were given little cards and envelopes to write thank yous to all the staff we saw on a regular basis and one generic card for any special services we used (hint).
I would totally jump on a cruiseship. Look at all the people you could meet.
And that blonde chick seriously needs to eat something.
Love the new layout. And the pic at the top. :)
Working on a cruise ship sounds like it could be pretty great - and you never know, some people go on cruises and end up getting married (ok I got that from gilmore girls), so there might be folks that want to go a little crazy with their hair too. :)
I like the broad with the sideways mohawk, That is pretty happening she should shave the front and back. I bet you she has a gorgeous forehead.
When a friend of mine finished her schooling she got a job hairdressing on a cruise ship.
Money was great..
Parties were awesome..
And she met a Canadian guy who in a months time will be her husband!
Post a Comment