Everyone was split up into teams of two where they had to create/demonstrate a haircut in front of everyone else. They set up their presentation with little handouts explaining how the cut is done, what their inspiration was, maybe a few styling tips etc.
It was really cool being there for the class. I was the first model and there were two cuts demonstrated after mine so I got to sit in for those and watch. I absorbed everything I could because I highly doubt any client will come into the salon anytime soon wanting either of those cuts. All of the cuts done today were something very few clients would ever come in wanting. They were all a little more "fashionable" and a lot less main stream. Really edgy as well, there were pieces that were disconnected, asymmetrical, and just overall interesting.
Katie-Rose was teamed up with Erin, who is a senior stylist at her salon. They both did an incredible job with their presentation. What was most interesting to me was that both of them cut my hair, at one point they were doing it at the same time. Katie-Rose did the first section, then Erin would do the next, then Katie-Rose, then Erin, and so on and so forth.
The cut was called "The Audrey." It is a super cut bob (with some special touches a la Katie-Rose and Erin) that was inspired both by Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday, and Audrey Tautou in Amélie:


They combined the two haircuts and added a few signature pieces of their own and created the cut they did on me. I absolutely love it. It's fricking adorable.
It looked particularly cute when I was all dressed up and had my red lipstick on. It has a very classic feel to it, kind of flapper era feel for sure. I came home tonight and really needed a de-stress/relaxing shower so I restyled the hair just straight and put on some basic makeup.
I always love to play with my hair after getting it cut just to see how I style it myself. It was styled in three different ways earlier, flipped out like Amélie, defused and pinned back with my little feather clip pictured in yesterdays post, and backcombed through the crown and pinned behind the ears to create a very princessy audrey hepburn look. They were all super cute.
So, here is the finished product! It is a really drastic change but something I've never done and will be so much fun to play with!


I even feel slightly "pulp fiction" -ish with it haha. I think that's mostly just the colour. I particularly LOVE the asymmetrical bang above the eyebrows. It's not pictured very well in these pictures but I'll get better ones soon.
It is so much healthier now, all those dead crappy bland/muddy ends are finally gone.
It's bedtime for me now. Today was day 29 in a row (even though I didn't have to go to work I still had a very busy day full of learning and I had school this evening AND a test yugh.) ... only 59 more days left before I get a full day off! Woot.
12 comments:
Cute, your hair looks so soft.
Holy crap you look so different!!! Its super cute. Omg a little head band or some cute clips would be adorable!!!
HAHA it's bizarre hey?! I look like a COMPLETELY different person! I like change like that though, it's fun when no one recognizes you hahaha.
It looks REALLY cute when I get some little feather/pearly stuff in there. Very old school but I love that classic look <3 It'll be fun to play with!
very pulp fiction. I dont think I have seen a bad haircut on you so far.
I LOVE it, Marlee!
I think I want those bangs ... I wonder how they'd look on me?
Hmm ... also, we need to talk waves because now that my hair is getting longer the waves are coming back.
Super Cute! Love it.
the audrey is cute.
you are like a beautiful chameleon. :D i haven't had a haircut in... 15 months now... getting lots of inspiration from you!
Thanks everyone! Crystal is this OPHELIA crystal?! Because where in the heck have you been woman? We must get together again soon!
Tania those bangs would really suit you I think. I was going through some of your FB pictures and saw some where your hair was parted a certain way and I could picture it completely so I think you should go for it! We'll definitely talk waves too.
Thanks Ashley and thanks for stopping by!
Krista, you're cute <3
Thanks phx! 15 months wow. I went 6 months without a haircut and I was dying inside! hahaha Change is good for the soul! ps how can I see your blog??
Do you ever have a bad hair day because it doesn't look like it! It's so cute!
haha thanks Mel! I do have bad hair days, I've had some bad experiences (aka turned my hair green and grey and other stuff) ... perhaps one day I will do a post with all of those mishaps haha.
this is my favourite colour and cut on you everrrr
Post a Comment