Saturday, January 30, 2010

Feathers and Pearls

It's Saturday night and I'm at home...

You know why?

Because tomorrow my new roommate starts moving stuff in, and today my old roommate just moved out, and I have no time to clean ever so this house is a fricking disaster pit so I am going to clean tonight.

I do like though that it is now almost 10pm and I'm still fucking the dog on cleaning. Awesome.

Today was a really fun day. I had two great clients. One of which wanted about 8-10 inches of hair cut off which was friggen crazy but awesome. We did a short womens cut on her where the longest piece was at the bottom of her ear. It was suuuuuuuuper cute though and so exhilerating. Whenever we cut our Judy dolls we're only allowed to cut about an inch off at a time, so anytime I cut more than that off I feel like I'm doing something "wrong." Today I got over that fear I think haha. I had to cut about 6 inches off before I could even start the rest of the haircut. It was awesome.

In the afternoon I had another appointment booked. I had a woman come in about 3 weeks ago for a haircut, I told her I would be there until May so if she needed a haircut before then that she could most definitely come back to me. I gave her my name and sure enough, 3 weeks later she rebooked with me! She wanted more layers so we did those up and she loved it. It was really exciting though because this is my first real client that's not a friend or family member that has come back to me. After we were done her cut she said she would be back again before I graduate and that she wants to know where I end up after I graduate because she wants me to be her hairdresser now! It was so exciting! It's a pretty cool feeling when you do someones hair that you don't know and they come back to you. It's almost humbling because you're like "oh wow they really liked it last time! They weren't just saying they did and then never coming back again and talking bad about me to all of their friends!"

So overall I had a really good day today. It's going to be quite sad when I'm not in school anymore. I know that I'll get in a salon and it'll be fun but I'm definitely going to miss all the girls from my class. Jessica and I were saying we'll probably cry when we have to say goodbye hahaha. Good thing we plan on being drunk as skunks so that it won't seem embarrassing at the time!

Well.. agh I guess I shouldn't even be wasting time blogging. I should probably go make myself useful at some point... although now I've started playing guitar so it might be a bit longer yet before I do something.. ugh ZERO motivation

No comments: