Sunday, January 31, 2010

Disaster Pit

This blog might as well just be a hair blog because I seem to talk enough about hair that it's more than likely mentioned at least once or twice a month... even more so now.

I had the worst day ever for clients today. My first client was booked an hour before we book appointment (not quite sure why but it was a screw up on someones behalf) and unfortunately I HAD to have my hair dyed today for Katie-Rose's hair project tomorrow, so I handed her over to someone else which was kind of shitty but oh well, things happen right?

My second client actually made me cry. I'm not even joking. She was the worst client I could have possibly had on a day like today. I have always done great highlights and today I had to do a root highlight touch up and I was instructed to do my foils a different way than I would normally do them. Of course doing them this way was something new to me and I couldn't get close enough to the root. In fact I was so far away from the root that it didn't even look like I had done them at all. Ungh. So even though I was already upset about this I asked my instructor what to do and went back out to fix it. She couldn't understand why I couldn't get close enough to the root the way I did it but if she had my client in her chair I'm sure she would have understood.

She would not stop moving. She kept turning her head when I was putting foils in so that SHE could see what I was doing and every time she did it the foil would slip out and I'd either have to start over again or it would hang a little more loosely (which causes it to not be close enough to the root but also potential fuck ups.) It was so frustrating. I asked her numerous times to hold her head still and she still wouldn't. It didn't help that she was picking her hands (yes you read that correctly) SO badly that they were actually BLEEDING. Ugh.

She was on her blackberry texting the whole time and kept putting her headphones in.... of course everytime she went to use her phone she would move some more or her head would be looking way down when I needed it to be looking up. So again I would grab her head and tilt it to where I needed it to be and she would still go right back to where she was.

Then after the whole re-doing of the colour I washed her out and went to do her haircut and she proceeded to tell me what a rush she was in and rudely asked "how long is this going to take? I have somewhere to be soon."

UGH. Are you fucking kidding me? I was sooo upset that I was actually shaking while I was doing her haircut. I wanted to fucking give up and ask my instructor to do it instead but I fought through it and finished it. The cut I was doing requires each section to be blow dryed as you cut it as well, to which she proceeded to tell me "I don't have time for you to blowdry every single section. Can you NOT do it that way?"

I wanted to be like "Could you NOT be a giant c-u-next-tuesday?!?" UGH. It was horrible.

I finally just said fuck it and rushed through her haircut so I could get her out of my chair as fast as I could. I needed my instructor to come check things over before I could let her leave and she was already putting her stuff on and wouldn't even sit down when my instructor came over. I think the teacher sensed the horrible situation and just went "yeah you're good" and sent her on her way.

Literally as soon as she walked out the door I sat down and everyone just looked at me and was like "whoa wtf was her deal?!" and I started to cry. I have never had this happen. Then when she was ready to leave she goes "It's so great I love it, Thank you!" and gave me a 10 dollar tip. I was so friggen confused.

On top of it all she was a walk-in client and I gladly took her even though I knew it would cause me to miss my lunch so I didn't eat at all today until about 6pm. I had an iced tea this morning, that was it. It did not help my frustration/bitchiness/upset emotions.

UGH. Just awful. I also had my new roommate start moving stuff in today so I was trying to communicate with her to get her to come grab the key off of me etc etc. It was just a major pain in the ass day I suppose. I am excited to have a new roommate though. She won't actually be sleeping here until next weekend but it's exciting none-the-less.

In other news though I had my hair dyed today to prep for tomorrows hair makeover! I'm super excited about that. So here's a sneak peak of the colour:



My new hair accessorie/broach from Forever 21. 10 bucks and SO cute. I want to wear it all the time. I so enjoy school for this reason cause I can wear stuff like this and not feel completely ridiculous or overdone.
s
Anyways... to end the horrible day we all went to the Cambie for a couple of beers. I was trying to do Lisa's hair this morning too and I just wasn't having a good day. I was not feeling it at all so I just quit. Straight up bad day.

Although cambie beef dip and onion rings with chipotle mayo alongside a couple of beers is probably the best ending to a foodless/miserable day. It was an instant pick-me-upper! I'm going to do some studying for my test tomorrow and just go to bed I think. I am pooped.

6 comments:

leasha said...

Im with danielle on this one!
Can i just add that i hate how you can dye your hair every colour of the rainbow plus some and they all look great... I wish i could do it!

Shaz said...

Oh you win the patience award.

I would have totally kept stabbing her with the comb handle, or burned her scalp with the dryer, in that situation.

Stacey said...

Like Jon says, things can always be worse. Sounds like you handled the situation very well. The hair pin is really cute.

Krista... said...

that hair clip is super cute.

good food is always such a great pickmeup when you are having a bad day. makes everything better...

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice 1950's pin-up girl look going on. I like it.

Marlee said...

hahaha Danielle, so true!

Alicia I think everyone can pull off every "colour" you just have to pick the right shade/tone (cooler tones/warmer tones etc)

Shaz, that's all I wanted to do, believe me, it took everything in me not to haha.

So true mom. I thought you would like the pin :)

Thanks Krista! And yes food makes everything better.

Thank you Anonymous reader. I love the pin up girl look / flapper era and have been particularly hooked on it lately so I'm very flattered :)