Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Time Has Come And Gone

My trip up to Fort was so busy it was ridiculous but it was really great none-the-less. Plans seemed to change all the time so nothing really went "according to schedule" which was fine by me. Everything worked out quite well.

I landed in PG around 10:30 at night on the 22nd. My flight was delayed almost two hours - No thanks to Edmonton for their crappy weather yet again! They had flurries all day there which threw off the whole schedule. Bastards.

Luckily I had received my gift from PatZ that day - a book called "I lick my cheese, and other real notes from the roommate frontlines." It was hilariously entertaining and I read the entire book while I waited for the flight to leave.



It was a horrible flight. I was supposed to sit in a window seat. When I went to sit down there was this woman sitting in my spot and she was already passed out on a pillow. Did I forget to mention she was fat? ... Well she was fat. I didn't overly care that she was in my seat because the flight is only an hour and 6 minutes long so no biggy. I figured whatever and took the seat next to her. WRONG. I should have woke her bitch ass up and kicked her the fuck out. I ended up getting stuck between her fat ass and another fat ass. BOTH of their asses were actually IN my seat. I had to sit with my hands in my lap and my shoulders scrunched together because I had zero room. I couldn't even put the arm rests down because the people beside me were fat. Eventually I stopped caring and I pulled my arm rest down and squished the fat ladies leg/ass fat with it. Fuck her. You're in my seat bitch I'll do what I want.

I'm sorry if that seems rude but seriously, it is so uncomfortable having two people you don't know practically sitting on your lap because their fat is hanging out all on top of you.

I started my trip off in PG. Lloyd came and spent the night with me the first night. We watched a few movies then crashed. He left around noon and then I got cleaned up and decided I would take a walk to the mall to meet my friend Megan and her mom.



Wrong move again. I don't have warm clothes anymore. Tights don't really keep you warm when it's -20 something out. It was -30 when I landed but thankfully it warmed up a LITTLE bit. As you can see even my hair was frozen. Oddly though I didn't mind too much.

I spent the day doing some shopping with Meg and her mom and then I went back to her place to cut hers and her moms hair. I was going to do Zach's as well but there just wasn't enough time. Next time I guess!

After I left her place I went to my grandma's to visit for a couple of hours then it was back home to try to get some sleep.


My brothers cat - Turkey. She got her head stuck in a bag just as we were about to leave for Fort. Smart move there kitty.


So we left PG on Christmas Eve. We stopped in Vanderhoof to get gas and to meet up with Jon, however my brother ended up getting in an argument with the lady at the gas station. I can't even begin to explain to you how funny this was because my brother is the most calm person you could ever meet. He literally never gives a shit about anything but IF for any reason he gets upset, he gets RIGHT upset. This happened to be the case that day. My brother isn't an idiot. He is in fact a genious. Apparently while I was inside using the bathroom there was something going wrong with the pump. Kyler gave the woman his visa to hold onto and said he wanted to fill it up. She kept asking "how much do you want to put in" and he's like "I don't know, I want to fill up, here's my fucking visa." ... "I can't do that sir you can only do that at the pump." ...

Somehow something happened and she came outside and was like "don't argue with me sir" and he responded with a big "FUCK YOU" and got in the car. Funniest shit of my life. I've NEVER seen Kyler get so mad at a complete stranger before. He ranted about it for the rest of the day hahahaha.

After our visit with Jon we got to my moms first. We had some appies there and some visits with friends. My mom makes delicious food. The brie and blueberry stuff - wow. SO going to make that sometime.


Wendy, her daughter Cassidy, me, and my mama.


Freddy Boy.


After a couple hours at moms we went into town to dad's place. We didn't get up to too much that night. My sister was teaching me how to play fiddle - which I might add I rocked the shit out of considering I only spent 5 minutes learning before I took some videos. I'll share those another time. Our family seems to be rather musical. I started it all first with the flute and then the guitar. Kyler followed suit with guitar a few years later. Hannah and Josh got into it next, Josh got into the guitar a bit but still hasn't learned much I don't think. Hannah however took some piano lessons for a year then just teaches herself now. She got into guitar after that but is still waiting to find an instructor and now she's playing fiddle. I almost feel bad for dad and Cheryl. At least the guitar you can play quietly but not so much with fiddle or flute haha.


Jasper the fitness buff. This hamster seriously runs on it's stupid wheel ALL night. It doesn't stop. Then the wheel starts squeeking, it's so annoying that it's hilarious.


Christmas morning we spent at dads first. We always do. Then after that we head to moms house.




Every year our parents buy us calanders... you can see the excitement on Kylers face hahahaha. I actually don't mind, they come in handy but I never seem to put them up anymore.



Photogenic family of the year award goes to:


After Christmas at dads we went to moms around lunch time. We got there at about 10 to 12 which is late for us. We didn't finish unwrapping gifts and everything until 2pm. It was the longest Christmas I've ever had.

This year my moms sister, brother in law, and their 5 boys came up for dinner. All the boys are getting so cute. Not gonna lie - Azariah and Noah are my favourite. Azariah's glasses are just too friggen cute.


Boyce didn't want his picture taken at all. Believe it or not him and Azariah are twins. They don't look anything alike anymore.



The second oldest of the 5 boys - Seth.


The oldest - Isaiah.



We had Isaiah hang Boyce by his feet because thats the only way we could get him in the picture without having him fuck off hahaha. Noah is in the striped brown shirt.


My stepdads sister Bonnie and I.


Stepdad's mom, sister, and a few of the boys. I seriously am in love with his glasses. Have you ever seen a little boy look so fashionable?? ADORABLE.


My auntie and Seth hangin out.


Famous line of the night was my uncle Martin saying "I got it Stacey... HEY ISAIAH! COME HERE." ... Martin would take on a task then pawn it off on his oldest kid haha.


Frick SO CUTE!!


Boxing Day in Fort is always the one day of the year aside from New Years that almost everyone goes out for. I was back and forth between a few parties but spent most of my time at the one party where majority of my friends were. I didn't take too many pictures.

Steve and I.


Levi and Jess.


Jess and I.


Chris (striped shirt) was right gunned. He was actually grinding his ass on Rob about 2 seconds before and after this picture was taken.


Wendy's (pictured earlier in the post) son Jeph was there. I finally met him Christmas Eve. He is 6'-10" and hilarious.



I hadn't seen Alena (drunk girl in the picture) since we graduated so it was nice seeing here there!





This was someones drink that was spilled on the table, absorbed with a dirty towel, and then wrung out into a cup...


... and this is someone drinking said drink... ew.


Colin and I. I need a new camera it drives me crazy that everyone looks at the screen even when I tell them not to!


Apparently this is what happens to you when you drink gross table drinks... Luke is the pass out King. I don't think I've ever gone to a party that he's been to where he HASN'T passed out somewhere.



The 27th was low key. Just hung out at my dads, a bit at my moms, and Jon came over too. Pretty relaxed day. I didn't get home till 11 that morning so I was exhausted the whole day. Damn you Fort parties, you always win.

We drove back to PG the next day. It was so beautiful outside. This is something I do miss. Winter time IS a nice time of year when the skies are blue, the trees and ground are all white and sparkly, and the air is crisp and cold. It was beautiful the whole trip up there and it made me really homesick for some weird reason.




I stopped in PG for coffee with Marco and then he drove me up to the airport. It was too bad I didn't get to see him for longer but that was one of the plans that ended up changing last minute since he fucked off outta town.

I got on my flight with my friend Meghan (yay no fat people beside me this time!) and finally got home around 9pm that night when all was said and done. I was exhausted.

Great trip though! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

3 comments:

Krista said...

You should start a family band, you've got all the instruments lined up for one!

Nice photos, it looks like you had a nice Christmas. :)

Anonymous said...

The photo of you on the road, with the truck in front of you is absolutely captivating.

Marlee said...

Krista that would be hilarious! We totally could.

Thanks "anonymous" ... too bad the truck was in the way because it was actually a really beautiful drive. It can be quite nice in the wintertime there